Re: OT Humor: For all you Texicans out there

Page 1 of 2

Okay, I'm done wiping tears of laughter from eyes so I can type. This whole thing was funny as hell but the one about tea was way over the top! I can actually remember the first time I saw a glass of water on a dinner table. I was 18 and away from my home town. Till then it had always been tea.
Thanks for the laugh,
Jim
All correct, but those armadillos with four feet in the air are actually possum on the half-shell. A delicacy in neighboring Louisiana.
Phil
jo4hn wrote:

I'm a born and raised Texan and damned proud of it. I guess what you posted is funny, but the problem is, I see a whole lot of it as truth. As I looked through it, I kept murmuring - Yep, that's right. It's really kind of amazing. Anyway, I'm fixin-to go out to the shop real early tomorrow. It's been hitting 105 - 108 shortly after lunch (during the week it is lunch; on Sunday, it's dinner) and although its workable, it is a "tad" warm. I find myself drinking a lot of Cokes (Dr. Pepper) during the afternoon.
And for you Yankees, meaning anyone north of the Southside of Dallas, this post isn't OT-Humor, it is a way of life.
Preston

Hey Bob Wheatley, help us Texans out.
Fred
jo4hn wrote:

Heck, a lot of those apply to where I live too. (Southwestern Virginia.)

Yup. Especially this year.

Yup.
Yup.
Yup.
Yup.
Yup. (NOT stinging nettles. DAMHIKT)
You forgot the plague of locust - well actually they're just grass hoppers - but BIG Texas sized grass hoppers, in numbers that make waves acrossed a well grazed pasture as you walk down to the stock tank to go fishin' (and dodging cottom mouths and rattlers). At least that's the way it is in Central Texas.
charlie b
A tip of the longneck to number 4!!!!
Ron wrote:

Everyone know what snipe hunting is but I think that cow tipping is something made up by Yankees. The only place I have ever heard of it is when city folks try to make fun of country folks.
Dick Durbin
Dick Durbin responds:

College kids. Last I heard of it was around Blacksburg, VA. Not exactly prime Yankee territory.
Charlie Self
"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe." Dan Quayle
See number 11, and replace "accent" with "yankee" ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/11/03
snip Swingman wrote:

HUH? Everybody North of Dallas has a Yankee? Are you reviving the War of Northern Aggression? Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com wrote in message

To the best of my recollection a timberdoodle is an effete Yankee name for a woodcock. No self-respecting son of Dixie would be caught dead using a term like that; he'd get laughed of the courthouse steps.
snip Dick Durbin wrote:

Thanks, first time anybody's ever called me effete, we'll haveta get ya fitted for glasses, I'm a knuckle dragger. We used snip and tiberdoodle interchangably, hate to think I was shootin the wrong thing. The tasted nasty though. Flew like they were drunk. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com wrote in message

If you are able to hit those bad boys you must be a helluva shot. I always had my shotgun tangled up in the briars and branches.
snip Dick Durbin wrote:

Took a singleshot Winchester to strange clubs to make cig money against the locals. dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Charlie Self wrote:

Funny. I was about to say I've heard of lots of cow tipping in these parts. Usually bored college kids. (Bored Yankee college kids, and people from NoVA count as Yankees...)
I live in Christiansburg.
Silvan writes:

Hope to get out of WV and back to Bedford County soon.
As far as the kids at Tech are concerned, neither you, nor I, know where most of them come from. For all I know, half are from Georgia and the rest from Norfolk.
Charlie Self
"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe." Dan Quayle
Now Charlie, you must never ever use the words Georgia and Tech in the same sentence. It just confuses them. The correct term is "Little North Avenue Trade School" in case you didn't know. We (UGA) Bulldogs know the difference and the women here still all have their teeth.
Now I suppose those poor devils from Norfolk must surely be the spawn of some swabbies out there....

snipped-for-privacy@aol.combleah (Charlie Self) wrote in message

Funny thing is, he is still looking for a job (and the pickin's are slim) while my other Parkersburg nephew (on the wife's side) with the same degree but from WVU is making in the $80s in Northern Va. He graduated 3 years ago when they were still hiring folks with computer engineering degrees. ...and I think WVU (my alma mater) is also well ranked in the party catagory.
Dave Hall
Charlie Self wrote:

Feh. During the construction of The Wall, they temporarily ran access to a frat house via a little service road almost right across the street from my house.
Damn kids.
When did I grow up anyway? I used to _be_ a college kid. Now I find them incredibly irritating.
Luckily, that service road is on the other side of The Wall, so I don't have to worry about them anymore. We just have one kid in the neighborhood. I guess every neighborhood has one. The little asshole who takes the 15 mph corner at 45 mph and then gets all the way up to 5th gear just in time to rub most of his tread off just before the stop sign....
Little bastard almost ran over one of my kids. I should get me some Quickrete and make me a speed bump. Then maybe I can see how fast he drives without an oil pan.
Damn kids. <shakes fist>