Re: OT - Heating with Wood

wrote in message

I still read Ed as talking about stove efficiency, which is how much of what's produced by burning is recovered to heat the space rather than the chimney. Nick's definition.
Combustion efficiency suffers on oil burners as well, do to incomplete atomization and combustion.

You apparently haven't heard of death and taxes. :-)
Harold
check out www.hydrofire.com it's a great way to go. all the wood and ash etc. is outside and away form the house. i heat my house, shop dry kiln ad domestic hot water with mine. here in minnesota gets real nasty cold but the hydofire takes care of it all, i use between 12 & 14 cord a winter using junk wood bass or aspen during the early and late season save the maple and oak for the harsh cold, also makes no diff if the wood is totally dry infact some kinds do better length of burn time if a little green. with good hardwood i will get 18 hours of burn time with a full charge of green hard maple. ross