Re: Online Abrasives Supplier? Anyone know a good one with a wide range of Wet & Dry?

McFeely's

Lawrence A. Ramsey wrote:

Check these guys out. I got some Scary Sharp abrasives online and they are fine.
http://www.antiquetools.com /

As I just posted in another reply, I asked in here in error, but that's an interesting site anyway, thanks for the link!
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
Online, Klingspor: http://www.klingspor.com/ is probably your best bet.
To get some of the finer grits (1000,1200,1500,2000) you need to go to an auto parts store. They sell these grits in packs of 5-10 sheets for finishing auto body work.
The BORG can help with 5-10 pack sheets of sandpaper up to 600 grit or so.
~Mark.

On 1 Aug 2003 07:46:23 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@woodwrecker.com (Mark Ohlund) wrote:
Thanks for the info Mark, I posted in here by mistake - I'm in UK and was reading this group but hit "new post" out of reflex, and without checking - just feels like home reading here I guess! ;O)

They seemed to be trade only, but I found a link to their online woodworking store, quite a stock of interesting goodies anyway!

OK, Shall investigate that route too!

We got a clone of the BORG here - that's almost worse! ;O) I may have to check our lot our too - but they are so useless! I reckon they'll get as far as 240 or so, and then they'll say "it isn't made any finer" or "there's no demand" or summat daft like that! ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

I got a multi-pack in Halfords - 3 x 240, 4 x400, 4 x 800, 4 x 1200 for 6UKP.
--
Regards,
John Patmore - <mailto: snipped-for-privacy@jpatmore.freeserve.co.uk>

Well I'm ordering online already, and that's on it's way, but I may actually weaken and go one of those! This is quite a revelation - definitely a pivotal moment I think! Best of luck with yours.
I bet your arms are chilly right now! ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:01:16 -0500, Lawrence A. Ramsey
Thanks, I actually posted here by mistake, but I am in touch with them anyway now! I live in UK, but read in here a lot! Thought I was still in UK group when I hit the "post new" button! ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}