Re: One legged milking stools (long)

On Tuesday, February 8, 2000 at 1:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, Jack-of-all-trades wrote:

I know It's 16 years old post and most of the links you have provided are expired ! my quick question is - I wanna make one legged milking stool! help me :)
--
Hiren

On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 07:22:00 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

JOAT has not posted here in a long time, do a google search (or your prefered search engine on) would probably be more fruitful.

http://cdn.instructables.com/FS8/TXN0/HFD16RMA/FS8TXN0HFD16RMA.LARGE.jpg
--- ---
replying to hubops, tortugato wrote: This chair--how off topic--has 2 visible legs, and looks to be some kind of male nudist's stool.
I am just two months away from 80. I grew up in Montana and my parents had many friends on ranches which we frequented. I saw many one leg stools. They were made from what was at hand and a spike or two.No padding. Usually a rough cut 2X4 on top with either an other 2X4 for the leg or a cut off from a pine pole. CP
On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 07:22:00 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I used one as a kid. Home made and had a belt harness to strap it on so you could move around without having to carry the stool from cow to cow.
Here is a simple one without a harness. OK for looks, but not easy to use if you are actually going to be milking cows. https://www.lehmans.com/p-3359-one-leg-milking-stool.aspx
Jerry O.