Re: Old Codgers Only - SubTitle: Trifocals in the shop

Page 3 of 3

Odd that they wouldn't do both -- my latest has them both (or at least the optometrist *says* they've got both ;-) ).
Seriously, I can tell a difference with the anti glare. This coating is really better than no coating. It wasn't cheap, but then nothing by Zeiss is ...
Thanks for the info about 'light activated' self-darkening ... I'll be looking for that.
Regards, JT
Thu, Apr 28, 2005, 5:31pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (CW) says: Tried them. Hate them. My optometrist says that about twenty five percent of people can't (or won't) get used to them, including him.
All I's got is bifocals. Years back regular glasse worked great for me. Then got an eye problem and two eye doctors agreed it would be solved with bifocals. All it did was make me need bifocals.
When they first gave me bifocals, they had a little area, toward the bottom, move your head any at all, and lost focus. Plus, had to tilt my head waaay back to be in focus to read, resulting in sore neck. So I had 'em put the bifocal area from the bottom up to almost the center of the glasses. Works like a charm. When I'm reading, just look down, and in focus. Look straight ahead for anything else. But, If I'm looking at anything real close, 6" or so and less, do best by taking the glasses off. Or, I can use a magnifying glass or loupe.
I'm thinking if they claimed I needed trifocals, I'd opt for an extra pair of glasses for whatever the extra was for. But, I'm thinking bifocals will suffice, and I'll stick with magnifiers for really close work. Good for burning ants too.
JOAT A highbrow is a person educated beyond his intelligence. - Brander Matthews