Re: Old Codgers Only - SubTitle: Trifocals in the shop

I've not been impressed with the difference with anti-glare coatings - in fact on the last pair I got supposedly coated they left it off the order and I never noticed until I had them back for adjusting and the tech. commented on it. The anti-scratch coating seems more useful to me - and they wouldn't do both.

Rumor is that there is a new type of self-darkening lens that reacts to visible light rather than UV. (car windows are UV blockers to reduce fading of the upholstery.) I'm going to check into that when I get my new glasses this summer.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Odd that they wouldn't do both -- my latest has them both (or at least the optometrist *says* they've got both ;-) ).

Seriously, I can tell a difference with the anti glare. This coating is really better than no coating. It wasn't cheap, but then nothing by Zeiss is ...

Thanks for the info about 'light activated' self-darkening ... I'll be looking for that.

Regards, JT

Reply to
John Thomas