Re: Old bandsaw needs parts - but where to find?

Sandy wrote:

Don't quote me but that might be a Yates-American from the "W" line.

Try at the OWWM?

Not likely unless the wheels were the same bore.
UA100
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Try here, http://www.mikestools.com really helpful people!
--
Donnie Vazquez
Sunderland, MD

Mike stools -- no shit??
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:10:02 GMT, bonomi@c-ns. (Robert Bonomi)Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

plenty of it,,,thus the need for the stool
*G* Traves "chipper" Coppock

Thanks for the great lead. I've written them an e-mail to see if the part numbers match up. Hopefully, they'll say yes.
Sandy
Turns out the bandsaw is an old Craftsman (probably a Walker-Turner vintage late 30's). Who'd a thunk it? Saw someone selling one on Ebay! The internet is a marvelous place for solving mysteries. Of course, I still don't have a source for a new upper wheel, but at least I now know what bandsaw I'd dealing with here.
Thanks to everyone who replied....
Sandy