RE: O/T: What is wrong here?

Page 2 of 2
On 5/12/2015 6:43 AM, Leon wrote:

asshole.
On 5/13/2015 8:42 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Actually, find your behavior abhorent. But I'm sure you are doing it as a troll, since you aren't proud enough of your namecalling and pejoratives (look it up) to attach your name to it.
On 5/14/2015 8:01 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

You're the one who gratuitously butted your nose into someone else's converation, in the process using words like asshole, and misspelling abhorrent.

> Your reading comprehension is also lacking. I obviously did no namecalling.
> and pejoratives (look it up) > http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/pejorative Synonyms belittling, contemptuous, decrying, degrading, demeaning, denigrative, denigratory, deprecatory, depreciative, depreciatory, derisory, derogative, detractive, disdainful, disparaging, pejorative, scornful, slighting, uncomplimentary
You're a hypocrite, butting in uninvited with pejorative namecalling, and then falsely accusing me of doing what you did.
My exchange with Leon is an accurate description of how Obamacare got passed. People like that deserve my scorn.
"Just Wondering" wrote:

The only thing that counts is that Obamacare is now the law of the land.
As far as your scorn is concerned, who cares.
Lew
On 5/15/2015 3:43 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

At least right now, that can be fixed a little later on.
On Sat, 16 May 2015 09:49:26 -0500, Leon wrote:

There are now over sixteen million people covered by insurance that weren't before, and more every day. Not many politicians are willing to incur those folks wrath at losing their insurance.
On 5/16/2015 11:47 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Except those numbers are arguably subject to a reality check.
They are "signups" and, statistically provably with ObamaCare thus far, only about 84% will actually "enroll".
And those numbers do not include those who previously had insurance, a statistic admittedly not tracked by the government.
Fact: HHS Secretary admitted to congress in November that the official enrollment figures for the previous year were inflated: With the reported 11.4 million who "signed up", 6.7 actually enrolled, and 43% of those were previously insured.
Makes the statement that "sixteen million people covered by insurance that weren't before" highly suspect.
Just like the Bin Laden incident, you can't believe a damned thing coming out either side of this political asshattery we call government.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

therefore:
a = a

a^2 == aa

a^2 - a^2 = a^2 - a^2 (reduces to 0 = 0)

(a+a)(a-a) = b(a-a)
Here you multiply by zero (so 0 = 0)

a+a = a
Demonstrably false.

Grrrr, math can be such a pain in the arse! LOL
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v 202517290999274
On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 10:50:59 PM UTC-4, Lew Hodgett wrote:

There is nothing wrong.
2 does equal 1...just ask my wife. Our 2 salaries equal 1 amount for her to spend.

Lucky you. My girlfriend hasn't yet quite grasped the idea that the amount she can spend can't be more than our two combined salaries :-(
Hoping she gets a better job soon...
John
On Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 2:16:57 PM UTC-4, John McCoy wrote:

Getting a better job won't help.
"I got a new job that pays 10% more than my old one. Now I can spend 10% more than I used to."
Changing the job probably won't change the habit.

Well, she interviewed today for a job that pays substantially more than she was making (like 2x) and starts Monday, so we shall see...
John

The problem is in line 3. The value of (a-b) is zero. Zero x any number is zero. So equation 3 results out to be 0=0. You can't do the following st eps afterwards. 4/5/6. Even if you use symbols, 2 does not equal 1.
Also to allow the equation to be balanced, you need to apply the same value s and operations to both sides of the equation. In #3, you have (a+b) x (a- b) on the left. On the right it's b x (a-b). The equation is NOT equal at t his point. And as I mentioned before (a-b) is zero.
Do I win something?
MJ

Nope--thru (3) everything is ok... (3) is simply factoring (2)
(a-b)*(a+b) = a^2 + ab - ab - b^2; the two ab terms of alternate sign cancel leaving --> a^2 - b^2
The RHS is also legitimate irrespective of what a, b actually are; multiplication is associative so taking the one 'b' out to the outside of the factor (a-b) is ok. As you noted, substituting values here yields 0=0 so that's ok.
The problem doesn't come until (4) when divide out the (a-b) term. ["You can't do that!!!!"] Until then all is well...

Sorry, not this time... :)