RE: O/T: The Thrill Is Gone

B B King is gone and Lucille is now quiet.

I will miss him.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It saddens me too. He touched a lot of people.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

B.B. King was not only a phenomenal blues artist, but a great mentor also.

Back in 1989 I saw B.B. at our Downtown Festival Tent, a relatively small, almost intimate setting, maybe 4000 in attendance.

The opening act was a 12 year old kid. What was his name...oh yeah, Joe Bonamassa.

Here is Joe paying tribute to B.B. on his 87th birthday. The words are touching but the image says so much more.

DerbyDad03

A couple of years later, I saw B.B. close the playboy jazz festival with Stevie Ray (may he also RIP).

I've seen Joe three times in the last 5 years. Looking foward to his show at Shoreline in August (which was also the last place I saw B.B.)

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Stevie Ray Vaughan...

That is one of my favorite "set it and forget it" Pandora stations. Hours upon hours of great blues while doing yard work, shop work, house work, etc.

BB King, Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Paul Butterfield

DerbyDad03