RE: O/T Shoe Survey

Page 2 of 2

Allen Epps wrote: ...

I don't know--when was the last wild one spotted in CA? :)

Just a guess, but the leather may have been tanned using chemicals that cause cancer in California. Or the lining is made from baby seals.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I wear Blundstone, laughing side boots all the time for work. The current pair I've had for 4 or five years and they haven't been treated kind. ;) Wear em shooting, gardening, and of course down the shed. If memory serves me correct (It Rarely does:)) they cost about $75.00. RM Williams are my "Sunday Go To Meeting" boots and I've had those for 10 yrs or more, laughing sides with a leather sole. A bit of Dubbin every now and then and they never want to wear out. Both brands are old Aussie Co's and are .... wait for it Sit down. STILL MADE IN OZ.
Have a good one John

Translation, please: Laughing side boots?
Patriarch
Patriarch wrote:

Laughing Side = Elastic side gussets. For the slack amongst us who just want to pull 'em on and get going. No laces to worry about. ;) John
Greetings! I wear "White's" Smoke Jumpers (The "Lace to Toe" style).
http://www.whitesboots.com
I wear them firefighting, Backpacking, and, in general, constantly! It's been 5 years so far, and they're still going strong. They're a little on the expensive side, but (imho) well worth it.
Hal
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Combat boots, jungle boots have lasted the longest for me. I have tried Redwing, Rockports, Caterpiller and none of them last very long. Combat boots outlast everything else by a factor of 3-5 times.
For a comfortable steel toed work shoe that is not expensive and lasts a while, I have a pair of Stanley workboots that impressed me. Bought them at Payless shoe store for about 40 bucks.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Looks a little truncated, but I get the idea. I've got Wolverine steel toes, and they work great for me working 10 hour shifts on concrete floors 5-6 days a week. They're comfy, and tough as nails. The spray-on toe stuff (similar to the lining in truck beds) is useful if you're in an area where they're likely to get beat up a bit but it's not exactly pretty- most places that sell them will apply it for you at the time of purchase for ten bucks or so. I think I paid $150 for them, but there are different styles- highly recommended in any case.
I have had two pairs of Eccos with Dr. Schols inserts over the last eight years. They are tough and have great traction on dirt and ice. They have prevented foot pain that used to be chronic.