RE: O/T: SENIOR TRYING TO SET PASSWORD

Page 2 of 2
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

I think it smart not to use a password manager designed for the masses (for the same reason people target the Windows OS when creating viruses).
On 7/18/2015 7:52 AM, knuttle wrote:

Try a utility called KeyPass. It's a good password vault. You can do a lot of good password stuff with it. You can create response code to automatically enter your password into various systems.
You can have it create passwords, so your password varies from site to site. Trust me, many companies are stupid about passwords, they store them in clear text in a db.
--
Jeff

Lucky you. I printed out the passwords from Firefox and it was 4 pages of one lines. I have a 3/4" binder of passwords. Been using them for 40 years. I learned a long time ago not to use several and mix them. One or two hacks and all is lost.
Martin
On 7/18/2015 6:52 AM, knuttle wrote:

so true....... It is time we find a way to do away with passwords...... john
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Enjoy
Lew -----------------------------------------------------
WINDOWS: Please enter your new password.
USER: cabbage
WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must be more than 8 characters.
USER: boiled cabbage
WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain 1 numerical character.
USER: 1 boiled cabbage
WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot have blank spaces.
USER: 50damnboiledcabbages
WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain at least one upper case character.
USER: 50DAMNboiledcabbages
WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot use more than one upper case character consecutively.
USER: 50damnBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAss!
WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot contain punctuation.
USER:
ReallyPissedOff50DamnBoiledCabbagesShovedUp YourAssIfYouDontGiveMeAccessNow
WINDOWS: Sorry, that password is already in use.