RE: O/T: RedSox in 6

Boston RedSox win World Series in 6 games over St Louis Cards.
A well played series by both teams.
Lew
On 10/30/2013 10:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Well played????? Hardly...

If your favorite group of millionaire athletes won it was well played. Other winners are beer vendors and pizza joints.
On 10/31/2013 7:31 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

It wasn't a particularly well-played series, whoever one was rooting for (if any).
Picked off 1st in bottom of 9th to end a game w/ tying run at the plate?
A scoring run on a maybe, maybe not obstruction call in 9th?
Dropped fly balls and multitude of other miscues??
No, not particularly well-played at all.

On 10/30/2013 10:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Not being a sports fan of any type, I enjoyed the series immensely, strictly because all the errors kept you on the edge of your seat wondering what the hell was going to happen next. ;)
To me, a "well played" game on either, or both, side(s) is boring as hell.
Basically wanted SL to win last night, just so we could have another game to watch before the interminable basketball bullshit took over the airways.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 10/31/2013 7:37 AM, Swingman wrote:

Oh well. I played baseball, softball, and slo-pitch in fairly competitive leagues until I was in my late 50s. Never any major breakage; minor breaks and sprains, jams, and on. One night in February, we were having a tough game. I hit a clean single to right, saw the fielder bobble the ball and took off for second. Slid safely in and had an immediately had a WTF-an-I-doing epifany. That kind of stuff is hard on an incipient geezer. Cut back on number of league and all tournaments and packed it in for good a year later.
I get plenty of non-competitive strength and aerobic exercise so I am good. I never cared for watching a baseball game and still don't. Maggy likes pro football so we catch 2 3 4 games a week. Life's good. mahalo, jo4hn
On 10/31/2013 10:37 AM, Swingman wrote:

Try hockey instead of basketball. Not as many high paid thugs, and these guys try all the time. quick moving and pretty good. My son got me back into the sport after a long hiatus.
--
Jeff

On 10/31/2013 10:11 PM, woodchucker wrote:

I'd rather watch cricket ...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 08:33:37 -0500, Swingman wrote:

I have an '84 ford farm truck that is rather interesting to watch rust...
basilisk
On 11/1/2013 8:50 AM, basilisk wrote:

Isn't that sport also known as tennis? LOL
On 11/1/2013 10:02 AM, Leon wrote:

Cricket.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Nope. It's called Lawn Bowling.
On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 10:02:28 -0500, Leon wrote:

That's it :)
basilisk

So you when you retire open a bait shop.....
Mark
"Swingman" wrote:

----------------------------------- Try sailboat racing or better yet, watching paint dry.
Lew