Re: O/T: Rain - F/U

Hit the wrong button, sorry about that.
Lew ------------------------------------------------------- The battle cry for the 1948 Boston Braves during the World Series with the Cleveland Braves was "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain" which pointed out how little pitching the Braves had.
Not sure what battle cry we in California should use but the weather rains have been almost non existent the last 2 years.
Red flag fire warnings are posted here in SoCal, the snow pack in the high Sierra is very low, the central valley, where a lot of the nations produce is grown is in deep trouble and here in SoCal 80F outside my window is nice but the rain gage is empty.
No rain forecast the at least the next 2 weeks.
So much for the normal weather patterns here in California as well as the rest of the country.
Lew
Yes, it is a quite a dry spell, and California will not be the only one feeling the drought. Cattle prices, fruit prices, chicken/eggs, hay......and the fire season will be very nasty if it is not already so. I live in Northern Calif. and I believe on an average year we can see anywhere between 40 " to 70 " this year if we are lucky we have 4 " ......... And the snow pack is down to about 20%..... Los Angeles depends mostly on rainfall.....if totally.....and from the Sierra's john
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Hit the wrong button, sorry about that.
Lew ------------------------------------------------------- The battle cry for the 1948 Boston Braves during the World Series with the Cleveland Braves was "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain" which pointed out how little pitching the Braves had.
Not sure what battle cry we in California should use but the weather rains have been almost non existent the last 2 years.
Red flag fire warnings are posted here in SoCal, the snow pack in the high Sierra is very low, the central valley, where a lot of the nations produce is grown is in deep trouble and here in SoCal 80F outside my window is nice but the rain gage is empty.
No rain forecast the at least the next 2 weeks.
So much for the normal weather patterns here in California as well as the rest of the country.
Lew
Spanish interpretation for Hot furnace.....and possible early naming of California. john
[...]
7 weeks ago, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Well we finally got some rain.
3.5" in downtown L/A, more elsewhere and more to come today.
It's raining outside my window as this is being typed.
Mud slides in the areas that just burned.
Watching a river of mud come down the street is eerie.
More mud slides predicted.
The state is still a drought area, but every little bit helps.
Over the hill the rest of the country is a little nippy.
Given a choice of snow or rain, I'll take rain.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Lucky you. We're expecting 10 inches of snow and ice tonight, and more on Tuesday! : )
Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Bill" wrote:

To put things in perspective, the weather folks back in Cleveland used 1" rain = 12" snow as I remember.
Given that the 3.5"+ of rain in downtown L/A translates to 42" if it were SNOW.
I'll take the rain.
Let it SNOW in the mountains where we really need it.
Lew
On Sat, 1 Mar 2014 16:15:50 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

1" to 10" for the light fluffy stuff, so it varies by how wet the snow is.
Mark
On Sat, 1 Mar 2014 16:15:50 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

That's very dry snow. It's usually more like 4-6" per.

When I lived in Vermont, I always said it could snow on green things all it wanted but leave the roads alone. It never listened.

run, with the top down. ;-) Rain most of the rest of the week, though.