RE: O/T: Rain

The battle cry for the 1948 Boston Braves during the World Series with the Cleveland Braves was "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain" which pointed out how little pitching the Braves had.
Not sure what battle cry we in California should use but the weather rains have been almost non existent the last 2 years.
Red flag fire warnings are posted here in SoCal, the snow pack in the high Sierra is very low, the central valley, where a lot of the nations produce is grown is in deep trouble and here in SoCal 80F outside my window is nice but the rain gage is empty.
No rain forecast the at least the next 2 weeks.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

suggestion of who you are replying to.
Anyway, sorry about the dry spell. We had 79.4 inches at my house last year (Georgia). 43 inches in December alone. Wish we could divert some to California.
--
 GW Ross

 Any problem can be solved with enough
"G. Ross" wrote:
> Just wondering why your posts seem always to be a reply (Re:) but no

If you don't start with "RE:", the program automatically adds "RE:" which means it will write over an "O/T:" flag if one was used.
The "RE" flag protects the "O/T" flag.
BTW, thought "RE:" meant "regarding"
Lew

Not to worry, California voters will pass an initiative that outlaws dry spells. Then everything will be OK.
On 1/13/2014 8:04 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

And the weather guys out there will have to preempt all forecasts with a cancer warning.
Remember the song.... It never rains in California....but girl let me warn you....
And they wonder why......
On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 20:35:38 -0600, Leon wrote:

Brought to mind a Dean Martin song.
I'm praying for rain in California, Where the grapes can grow and they can make more wine...
basilisk
Leon wrote:

it burns! Man, it burns!
--