RE: O/T, Largest Cash Crop

Page 4 of 4
Tue, Dec 19, 2006, 6:30am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (LewHodgett) did thusly post: It has been announced that marijuana is America's largest cash crop, about $35 billion yearly. Roughly 1/3 of that comes from here in California. <snip>
Well, that goes a long ways toward explaining California politics then. Anold is smoking blunts.
JOAT Chubby had not demanded much out of life, and had got it.

Get a real newsreader and use a killfile.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

I'm a parent myself, and I can only begin to imagine what kind of pain you must still be going through. I'm truly sorry for your loss, and for any additional pain that my post inadvertently caused you.
Just the same -- the thread *is* clearly labelled as off-topic, and surely there had been enough posts here, prior to the one that upset you, to have alerted you to the fact that the subject matter was not something you would find pleasant reading.
--
Regards,
Since they can't beat them, they ought to tax them. There's a lotta gold in them thar hills!

Wed, Dec 20, 2006, 8:07am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (JP) doth lament: I DO NOT understand why this subject is in a Wood Working group. <snip>So PLEASE take this kind of crap & post it where it belongs. Sorrybut this postF--- up the rest of my day. JP
If you need it explained to you, then you won't understand it anyway.
Or, you could just go to one of the woodworking forums, that only cover woodworking. Because, sure as anything, sooner or later, there'll be something else you won't be happy with. If you're too thin-skinned you won't be very happy here - and this is one of the most polite newsgroups.
JOAT Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. - Eric Hoffer
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:02:19 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Wow - what must a harsh group be like ;) ha!
Try Alt.hvac to see what a harsh group is like. Ask a simple or complex question and get called every name in the book. Makes me feel embarrased to say I'm in the HVAC field with people representing it like those asses.

Fri, Dec 22, 2006, 1:46am snipped-for-privacy@cast.net (WayneK) Try Alt.hvac to see what a harsh group is like. Ask a simple or complex question and get called every name in the book. Makes me feel embarrased to say I'm in the HVAC field with people representing it like those asses.
I haven't visited there, but yeah, that would be an example of a harsh group. If any of you wonder about rec.woodworking being one of the politest newsgroups, go cruise a few newsgroups, and participate.
JOAT Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. - Eric Hoffer
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:14:43 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

messages) about reclining your airline seat, and what about all those nice children on board the airplane with you.
I hope you've got one of those silver protective suits that people that fight serious fires wear.
J T wrote:

They've gotten better over time but the Linux groups, here and on the local BBS's, used to peel your skin off if you got a semi-colon wrong in a 30 character command.
If they liked you, they'd simply respond with "RTFM". But most of the time, they didn't like you.
This group can get rough, but I've gotten a lot quicker at plonking.
Besides which, responding to flame fests CAN make you think better and WILL make you type faster. ;-)
Bill
--

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.
Henry J. Kaiser (1882 - 1967)
Lare S wrote:
> Lew my good fellow, what the fuck does marijuana have to do with > woodworking. Lighten up man and get your mind straight. > Think sawdust !!!!
Absolutely nothing, that's why "O/T" appears in the subject line.
Happy Holidays.
Lew