RE: O/T: Are They Dumb Or What?

Page 1 of 3
Enjoy
Lew -------------------------------------------------------------------- ARE THEY ACTUALLY THIS DUMB OR WHAT???
A DC airport ticket agent-must read! This is priceless funny stuff; but alas, is only a small indication of how much trouble our country is in.
God Bless America!
A DC airport ticket agent offers some examples of 'why' our country is in trouble:
1. I had a New Hampshire Congresswoman (Carol Shea-Porter) ask for an aisle seat so that her hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the window. (On an airplane!)
2. I got a call from a Kansas Congressman's (Moore) staffer (Howard Bauleke), who wanted to go to Capetown.
I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information, and then he interrupted me with, ''I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Capetown is in Massachusetts ....''
Without trying to make him look stupid, I calmly explained, ''Cape Cod is in Massachusetts, Capetown is in Africa'' his response -- click.
3. A senior Vermont Congressman (Bernie Sanders) called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando .
He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that's not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state.
He replied, 'don't lie to me, I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state!'' (OMG)
4. I got a call from a lawmaker's wife (Landra Reid) who asked, ''Is it possible to see England from Canada ?'' I said, ''No.''
She said, ''But they look so close on the map.'' (OMG, again!)
5. An aide for a cabinet member(Janet Napolitano) once called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas. I pulled up the reservation and noticed he had only a 1-hour layover in Dallas.
When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, ''I heard Dallas was a big airport, and we will need a car to drive between gates to save time.'' (Aghhhh)
6. An Illinois Congresswoman (Jan Schakowsky) called last week. She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:30 a.m., and got to Chicago at 8:33 a.m.
I explained that Michigan was an hour ahead of Illinois, but she couldn't understand the concept of time zones.
Finally, I told her the plane went fast, and she bought that.
7. A New York lawmaker, (Jerrold Nadler) called and asked, ''Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know whose luggage belongs to whom?
I said, 'No, why do you ask?'
He replied, ''Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said (FAT) and I'm overweight.
I happen to think that is very rude!''
After putting him on hold for a minute, while I looked into it. (I was dying laughing). I came back and explained the city code for Fresno, Ca. is (FAT - Fresno Air Terminal), and the airline was just putting a destination tag on his luggage.
8. A Senator John Kerry aide (Lindsay Ross) called to inquire about a trip package to Hawaii.
After going over all the cost info, she asked, ''Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii ?''
9. I just got off the phone with a freshman Congressman, Bobby Bright from Ala., who asked, ''How do I know which plane to get on?''
I asked him what exactly he meant, to which he replied, ''I was told my flight number is 823, but none of these planes have that number on them.'' 10. Senator Dianne Feinstein called and said, ''I need to fly to Pepsi-Cola, Florida. Do I have to get on one of those little computer planes?''
I asked if she meant fly to Pensacola, FL on a commuter plane. She said, ''Yeah, whatever, smarty!''
11. Mary Landrieu, La. Senator called and had a question about the documents she needed in order to fly to China. After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded her that she needed a visa.
'Oh, no I don't. I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those.''
I double checked and sure enough, her stay required a visa. When I told her this she said, ''Look, I've been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express card!''
12. A New Jersey Congressman (John Adler) called to make reservations, ''I want to go from Chicago to Rhino, New York.''
'Yes, what flights do you have?'' replied the man.
After some searching, I came back with, ''I'm sorry, sir, I've looked up every airport code in the country and can't find a rhino anywhere."
''The man retorted, ''Oh, don't be silly! Everyone knows where it is.
Check your map!''
So I scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, ''You don't mean Buffalo, do you?'' The reply?
''Whatever! I knew it was a big animal.''
Now you know why the Government is in the shape that it's in!
Can anyone actually be this DUMB?
YES, THEY WALK AMONG US, ARE IN POLITICS, AND SADLY, THEY CONTINUE TO BREED..
I don't write it, I just offer it for your consideration.
Like manure, you just gotta spread it around.

And if you think these government officials are dumb, consider that they convinced dumber people to vote for them.
"Leon" wrote in message

A friend of mine has argued for decades that there should pass a test before someone is allowed to vote... Over the years I've come to believe he is right....
"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message

I should not type prior to having a cup of coffee.... Let me restate that!
A friend of mine has argued for decades that people should pass a test before they are allowed to vote... Over the years I've come to believe he is right....
Maybe I should take a test each morning! LOL
John

LOL.. Screw that test!
On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 08:49:05 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"

Yeah, a coffee cup test. Unless a cup of caffeinated coffee is fully drained, your computer won't start.

land owner.
"Leon" wrote:

Ownership of a share of corporate America doesn't count?
Lew
On 9/20/2013 8:04 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

What in the world is that? "Corporate America?" You can buy shares of stock in a corporation called America?
"Leon" wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Just Wondering" wrote:

Nice try but no cigar.
Lew

We'll try this. The Chinese own an obscene amount of shares of Corporate America. Do you really think that they should have a right to vote in our elections? If so, you are part of the problem.
"Leon" wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------- Since when to the contents of the wallet determine proof of citizenship?
Lew
On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:55:42 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

I believe that was Leon's argument, back at you.

You are correct.
"Leon" wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

"Leon" wrote:

Nice try but again no cigar.
Let's re-phrase the question.
How do a person's total assets determine proof of citizenship?
Lew
On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 19:27:17 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

It's like the prez said: "You have to have some skin in the game". Only problem is he wants it to be someone else's skin.
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

"Doug Winterburn" wrote:

What part of, " How do a person's total assets determine proof of citizenship?", do you fail to comprehend?
Lew

It's is difficult to explain when you are asking about something that no one has mentioned.
I mentioned that one should be a land/property owner. Total assets have nothing to do with anything. If you own land/property you might vote differently if you have more at risk risk because of the out come of the election.

Home ownerships is about 65% and declining. I don't know about other property though.
Doubt we will go back to 1790 again http://www.infoplease.com/timelines/voting.html
or keep the Irish Catholics from voting as was also done.
http://www.ourwhitehouse.org/whogetsvote.html • In 1776 all white men who own property have the right to vote, except for Catholics, Jews, and Quakers.
• In 1856 North Carolina becomes the last state to remove the restriction that prevents citizens who do not own property from voting, so now all white men who are not convicted criminals can vote.
• In 1870 Congress ratifies the Fifteenth Amendment, which guarantees all non-white men the right to vote. However, this right was often denied through intimidation and the imposition of poll taxes, which many could not pay.
• Women are granted the right to vote in 1920 via the Nineteenth Amendment.
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Leon" wrote:

Sounds like a lack of comprehension. ----------------------------------------------- "Leon" wrote:

Definitely a failure to comprehend. --------------------------------------------------- "Leon" wrote:

What about the kid who enlists in the military as a means of escaping life in the projects (Insert city of choice) only to end up on the front lines of a conflict as a target of an enemy?
Think having one's life in jeopardy qualifies as being at enough risk to vote?
What about the parent who works 2 and 3 jobs to help earn the tuition for a child to earn an education that allows them to lead a better life?
Think maybe they have earned the right to have a voice in matters affecting education?
What about the CEO of a steel company who is fighting to keep the doors open while off shore competitors are dumping steel into the US market at prices below his cost to manufacture?
Think maybe that CEO has earned the right to have a vested interest in foreign trade issues by voting for representatives who represent the CEO's views?
The point is that in our democratic form of government, EVERYBODY has a vested interest.
Sometimes, in fact most times, these vested interests do not agree, but vary widely requiring much comprise.
That's why Congress exists.
Now if we could just get them to do their jobs rather than play the racist politics presently being displayed.
Lew