Re: Nutool Dovetail Jig- any good???

Hi, Surfer.
Yup. It's a fairly common jig, badged by many different outfits - I've had one for a couple of years. Axminster Power Tools and Screwfix Direct both do the same machine - different colours - at the same price as you were quoted. It's very robust and very heavy. It's a bit fiddly to set up and the instructions, although comprehensive, need several readings before they make complete sense. However, once you've set it up and carried out a couple of trial runs on scrap, it's very quick and easy to churn out work. One caveat is that all your stock needs to be of consistent thickness, but that would apply to most jigs.
It's limited in that it can only do fixed-pitch dovetails, so it's a fiddle setting up both sides of the machine so that the outside pins are equally balanced.
On the whole, it's a fair jig for the money.
Frank ry is very cheap at about 50. I was wondering is it