RE: NFPA 70 And the 125% Rule

Having been challenged about the 125% rule when sizing circuits, and being too damn lazy to chase it down in NFPA 70 myself, passed the challenge along to my son who hasn't acquired many of his father's habits, YET.

He is still a relative young-in at 52 so there is still time.

His response as follows:

----------------------------------------------------- Regarding your concern about the 125% rule, this is covered in the code.

See 210.19(A)(1)(a), and 210.20(A).

---------------------------------------------------- Have fun.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Wow Lew, Regarding your concern... that's a little tight... this is your son, or a co-worker?

Reply to
woodchucker

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:539d11cd$0$59816$c3e8da3 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Which apply -- as I have repeatedly explained to you -- only to circuits supplying

*continuous* loads. These sections do not in any way support your contention that *any* breaker contained in an enclosure is subject to the 125% rule.
Reply to
Doug Miller