Re: Nailgun injuries soar among weekend warriors

Page 3 of 3
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

They did, at least for a time in some places. When the powder actuated nail guns first came out they met the rather vague definition of a handgun in some states and the states had to rework their laws to exclude them.
Pete C.
Pete C. wrote:

In 1979 in PA to rent a powder actuated nailer you had to take a test and get a license. Had to get one. ...lew...
Likely rated at the .22 short concrete nail guns that shoot nails into concrete. Those did not have as much safety double triggers as the nail guns do.
I have a finish nailer and a stapler. Both have given fantastic service to me. I have partials of 3 10,000 nail boxes. Just Finished up a 1000 staple box in one project.
What I found was the F=MA thing - if A is high then the mass that hits it is nominal.
I could nail up bird houses and thin frame stuff that a hammer would never do. Using glue and a few nails various light things went together.
I put in flooring in an attic. It was pine, but I used ship lap in case I had to dig out a section for electrical. Ship lap lays down the same, but the groove side is top only - so a center board can be replaced center under previous tail and since only the top is there the board lays flat.
Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
Lew Hartswick wrote:

-
speaking as a Canadian, does the right to bear arms apply to either air guns powder acutatted guns or other?

Most body armor, Level II - III, without a ceramic insert...will NOT stop a nail from a good nail gun. It will however slow it down a bit and make it easier to pull out of your anatomy. Simply tear the armor off and the nail comes with it.
Gunner
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Lazarus Long

Great words, but LL is a fictional character created by Robert Heinlein. The baby is almost 2 and I still havent had to change a diaper!
Stupendous Man wrote: || A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, || butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, || balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, || take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, || analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, || cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. || Specialization is for insects. Lazarus Long | | Great words, but LL is a fictional character created by Robert | Heinlein. The baby is almost 2 and I still havent had to change a | diaper!
RH made a good point, nevertheless.
Warning: your 2YO is about to explode! (apologies to John Cleese)

So lets hope you never speak a quote from Mark Twain, or Shakespear etc.
Or the Bible for that matter.
Gunner
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Lazarus Long

So, Mark Twain and Shakespear were fictional?

You have a point there.

Their works were. Unless you live in the Bay area where Fairies are commonly encountered.......
Then we have Poor Richards Almanac...and so forth.

Indeed.
Gunner
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Lazarus Long
Gunner wrote:

LL (one of my favorite quotes, btw) is clearly and unabashedly fictional, but there is archeology to support a number of the named characters in the Bible.
"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." (The Twins)
The Biblical David did much the same thing in 1 Samuel 21:10-15
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube