Re: Nailgun injuries soar among weekend warriors

Page 2 of 3

The man had the last laugh collecting $3.2 million dollars and a lifetime supply of caulking products. He was able to prove that there were no instructions telling him NOT to put the caulking in his ears.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

mean, do I have to send a warning to all of my customers not to use the pens for eye surgery, clearing ear wax or as suppositories?
I want to look the court case up to get a look at the summary.
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

Big and huge yellow warning stickers......
Mark

Do you know how many nails a nail gun holds? It isn't just a nail gun...it's an assault weapon.
todd

Well, if there is no pistol grip and the guns holds no more than ten nails, it will probably be legal.
don't even go there!
I am not sure exactly what the runs are but in Canada all "automatic" weapons are pretty much banned. So, where thec heck does a nail gun with a 100 nail magazine fit in?

Sorry, meant to say " am not sure exactly what the rules are"

If you read the law to the letter its a firearm because the laws are badly written. The Canadian laws are written deliberately widely.
BESIDES I bet more politicians have likely seen the scene in "Lethal Weapon" where it has been used as a weapon than have held and used one themselves
last i read pellet guns to potato guns and bows and arrows (traditional, compound, recurves) all in some way fit as firearms.
if i felt like causing stuff i could try registering a potato gun =)
A little reading and it could meet all the requirements of a "firearm"
Mechanically nailers are very similar to firearms the biggest difference is in propellant.
If a criminal here takes too creative a view of a firearm or a police officer takes too narrow a view they could get "criminalized" at which point i'll be applying for a firearms Aquisition certificate and taking a HUNTER SAFETY COURSE to use a nailgun
(I can hear the deer laughing at the silly humans now)
I am sure we have all seen TV shows where nail guns are used as weapons, firing nails across a room, even one had the gun firing continuously as in a machine gun.

EXT wrote:

Don't forget the "21 nail gun salute" on the TV show, "Home Improvement"
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/homeimprovement-season3.html
5. Arrivederci, Binford (22:50) (Originally aired October 13, 1993) Tim has troubling grieving after Mr. Binford dies, opting to play darts and basketball with the boys rather than talk about his feelings. The boys of K & B Construction return to "Tool Time" to dispense some on-the-job grooming tips and Tim honors the show's creator with a 21-nail gun salute.
prove it.
Doug Brown wrote:

have to press the tip down on a hard surface for the interlock to disengage?

There are some nailers (my old Bostich T-31 brad nailer and stapler, my daughter's Porter-Cable US58 stapler, and my Senco SFW08 stapler, for examples) that don't have an interlock safety tip. With any of the aforementioned, you can point and shoot without tip contact, albeit semi-automatically.
Yes, for all the bounce nailers, the safety tip still has to be engaged to fire, and for all practical purposes it becomes the trigger (again, semi-automatically).
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

something as simple as DUCT tape will defeat the contact tip
and firearms have a safety interlock to remove the trigger from service too dont forget.
But nailguns would technically be semi auto although i dont want to check i'm almost sure mine at least wont empty all 100 nails out if the contact tip is held down 1 squeeze one nail
BUT thats getting off topic
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:09:10 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

"Test drive our new GAU/8A 30mm masonry stud insertion tool. It comes with seven operating chambers to increase productivity and improve cooling. Up to 70 studs can be inserted per second by relatively unskilled operators. With its light weight construction and custom designed A10 carrier, it can be used on jobs all around a state with very little transport or setup time. It has been used in large numbers with great success by Government contractors for work on tanks in hard to access locations"
<G>
Mark Rand RTFM
"Mark Rand" wrote in message

> Well, if there is no pistol grip and the guns holds no more than ten nails, > it will probably be legal.-
That's only IF (and a big "if" if you'll notice) it does not have the capability of mounting a bayonet (how many idiots in the California legislature did it take to come up with THAT????)
dennis in nca

The Bloods and the Crips have a nasty reputation for drive by bayonetings here in LA
Gunner
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Lazarus Long
They watch movies and see the crazy stuff the good guys do to bad guys. Then they know what is wrong and right. Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
todd wrote:

-

Single shot. Short range and very dependent on a hose or a gas charge.
George wrote:

-