Re: Nailgun injuries soar among weekend warriors

As they should be, along with caulking guns, staple guns, and Guns n' Roses and Guns of Navarone. .

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

In 1979 in PA to rent a powder actuated nailer you had to take a test and get a license. Had to get one. ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

ROFL! A caulking gun accident? Now that I'd like to see:

"A 25 year old man in Durham went deaf yesterday afternoon in a tragic caulking gun accident. The victim accidentally siliconed his ears shut."

Thanks for the laugh.

dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

Reply to
Doug Brown

don't even go there!

I am not sure exactly what the runs are but in Canada all "automatic" weapons are pretty much banned. So, where thec heck does a nail gun with a

100 nail magazine fit in?

Reply to
Doug Brown

Reply to
Doug Brown

The man had the last laugh collecting $3.2 million dollars and a lifetime supply of caulking products. He was able to prove that there were no instructions telling him NOT to put the caulking in his ears.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

If they are going to ban any guns at all, I'd just as soon they ban slogans.

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

If you read the law to the letter its a firearm because the laws are badly written. The Canadian laws are written deliberately widely.

BESIDES I bet more politicians have likely seen the scene in "Lethal Weapon" where it has been used as a weapon than have held and used one themselves

last i read pellet guns to potato guns and bows and arrows (traditional, compound, recurves) all in some way fit as firearms.

if i felt like causing stuff i could try registering a potato gun =)

A little reading and it could meet all the requirements of a "firearm"

Mechanically nailers are very similar to firearms the biggest difference is in propellant.

If a criminal here takes too creative a view of a firearm or a police officer takes too narrow a view they could get "criminalized" at which point i'll be applying for a firearms Aquisition certificate and taking a HUNTER SAFETY COURSE to use a nailgun

(I can hear the deer laughing at the silly humans now)

Reply to
Brent

Sorry, Steve ... but this is one I just gotta ask for details on. I mean, do I have to send a warning to all of my customers not to use the pens for eye surgery, clearing ear wax or as suppositories?

I want to look the court case up to get a look at the summary.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

Nope, double action. Assault weapons are capable of full auto.

Reply to
George

Big and huge yellow warning stickers......

Mark

Reply to
Markem

"Test drive our new GAU/8A 30mm masonry stud insertion tool. It comes with seven operating chambers to increase productivity and improve cooling. Up to

70 studs can be inserted per second by relatively unskilled operators. With its light weight construction and custom designed A10 carrier, it can be used on jobs all around a state with very little transport or setup time. It has been used in large numbers with great success by Government contractors for work on tanks in hard to access locations"

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Is that the warthog insertion tool?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

It's not like you can pick one up and start shooting, is it? Don't you have to press the tip down on a hard surface for the interlock to disengage?

Reply to
Pat Coghlan

Naw, just give one to ol' Duke Cunningham to take into the prison showers for protection.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

There are some nailers (my old Bostich T-31 brad nailer and stapler, my daughter's Porter-Cable US58 stapler, and my Senco SFW08 stapler, for examples) that don't have an interlock safety tip. With any of the aforementioned, you can point and shoot without tip contact, albeit semi-automatically.

Yes, for all the bounce nailers, the safety tip still has to be engaged to fire, and for all practical purposes it becomes the trigger (again, semi-automatically).

Reply to
LRod

I am sure we have all seen TV shows where nail guns are used as weapons, firing nails across a room, even one had the gun firing continuously as in a machine gun.

Reply to
EXT

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Likely rated at the .22 short concrete nail guns that shoot nails into concrete. Those did not have as much safety double triggers as the nail guns do.

I have a finish nailer and a stapler. Both have given fantastic service to me. I have partials of 3 10,000 nail boxes. Just Finished up a 1000 staple box in one project.

What I found was the F=MA thing - if A is high then the mass that hits it is nominal.

I could nail up bird houses and thin frame stuff that a hammer would never do. Using glue and a few nails various light things went together.

I put > Pete C. wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn