Re: My Planer Problem and Solution

To those who offered help and advice, thanks. I got the problem solved. Simple, really. I rotated the blades.
Duh.
I was surprised they got so dull so fast but, then, they're just steel and I suppose I have probably put more stock through the planer than I thought.
I suspect I need to have a couple sets of blades on hand. Changing the blades around was really pretty simple. I had been dreading it but it isn't difficult at all.
Anyway, the new edges cut like champs and I made about 2/3 bag of shavings/chips for my DC with it.
Ralph (who still has lots to learn!)

Some woods are tough on steel blades and knives due to high amounts of silica (e.g., locust). Paint is also hell on knives... silica (basically sand) is used as filler. Have you run anything lie that through?
John
Uh, well, hmmm, uh, some painted boards, yes, uh, hmmm . . .
Ralph