Re: Most useless power tool you own...

Well I own 2 bandsaws, and sold my table saw to get the second bandsaw. Table saw sat in the garage for two years, so I sold it. It was my most useless power tool. twh
I had to think on this one for awhile. My useless tool is a Craftsman electric nailer. It's not very powerful. I usually have to use a hammer and maybe a nailset afterward. Someday I'll have an air powered one like Norm does. Have fun. Joe
Joe_Stein wrote:

Good call. Thanks for reminding me I have one of those. Maybe I can find it and throw it away this time. It's more of a nail setter than a nailer, and sometimes not even that.
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 04:01:03 -0500, Silvan

Mine was more like a "Nail Dispenser".
Kinda like a Pez dispenser that spit out nails - but without the cool Goofy head.
What always bothers me about things like this (not only tools), but doesn't the manufacturer even try them out. Do they consider the balance of making a few bucks over what damage it can mean to their name by producing a "dud".
ToolMiser wrote:

Managers of companies care about 1 thing only - measurables. "I can measure how many widgets I sell & how much profit is made per unit." With this info they can show owners that they're "growing" the company. Hard to argue. When customers get a dud product they usually don't buy from that company again. Only a few go to the trouble of getting a complaint to the right person - owners. Hard to measure. Repeat cycle. Owners (if they care about their name) need to get directly with customers who have issues. No middlemen - quality control, customer service, etc. These people need to justify their jobs so many times truths are not reported properly.

Precisely. The smart companies realize they're ultimately in business to serve their customers. The dumb ones think they're in business to serve the bean counters.