Re: Mlcs router bit (for preparing stave type blanks) & alternatives

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Phil) wrote in message
originally posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Got the LM fixed & had some time-- after much set up time on the jointer I found that this method -- at least for 45 degrees or eight staves works after a fashon. The router bits mentioned earlier appear to cut a 90 degree rabbett at 45 dergees, or 30 degrees or 60 deg-- depending on which one you get. Its advantage seems to be the sholder it leaves for inner alignment, which you can't get on a jointer unless you set it up to make one cut at rabbetting depth. I havn't bought any of the three bits yet-- I may try & make a 45 degree fixture for my router table so I can achieve the same effect with a 3/4" straight router bit- MTTM Picture of the bits & method are on page 28 of the new MLCS cat. Phil
Are you referring to the flute and bead bit or the bird's mouth bit? I don't think MLCS sells the bird's mouth bit, but it sounds like that's what you need. They come in different angles for a different number of sides.