Re: Miter sled mounting--left or right? Opinions (or facts) appreciated

> I'm getting a miter sled for my Jet TS. The saw has a right-hand > extension table. The installation pictures show the sled and miter > gauge installed to the left of the blade. It seems to me that since > there is several feet of table to the right beyond the saw's table > extension, that having the long side of the material on the right > offers more support than having the waste part of the cut on the > right. The saw is left-tilt; I'm right-handed. Is there a reason that > a left-side installation seems preferred? I'm not sure what I'm > missing. Thanks. > > Bob

Less kickback risk on a right tilt saw.

Reply to
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

To insure the integrity of the sled, buy the sled that rides on the opposite side that the blade tilts, otherwise you will cut into the sled on bevel cuts and loose your reference line on the edge of the sled. I have a sled for both sides on my left tilt. For 90 degree cuts I prefer using the left side sled. I use the right sled for beveled cuts.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks for your answers. I appreciate each of them, and your time to answer.

Bob

Reply to
Bob McCoy