RE: MicroPlane

Recently bought a couple for culinary duty.
See where they have a wood working version that can be chucked in a drill press as an alternate to a sanding drum.
Anybody ever use one?
If so, how did it work out?
Lew

I think the french fries it makes are way too small.
"Robatoy" wrote:

Check out the box grater for F/Fs.
Lew

Never used one of the rotary ones but have used their rasp. Sure hope it works better on veggies than it does on wood. Might work pretty well on balsa but pretty worthless for anything harder.

Works well on madrone perches in my parrot's cage!
On 2/10/2010 9:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Yup - once.

It didn't. Save your money for something better.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Loads, but not a powered version. Love them.
They cut well, but they are fragile. They'll fold and crimp if you put too much weight on them, they're also quite soft so cutting something grittily abrasive will blunt them. If CW found his not to cut, then I'd suggest that it had probably cut a lot better when new, but had been blunted by something too hard.
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:30:56 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

Leaves a very rough surface actually, bought a Delta BOSS and that problem was solved.
Mark