Re: Makita 12v Impact Driver (6914DWAE) Capacity Question

Our local tool store has a display set up. Two pieces of pressurized 4x4 and some 2 and 3 inch screws. No problem driving the screws. In fact I drove one until it came out the other side. Set it 3/4": down in the wood. What surprised me was the screw didn't break off. Apparently something about the impact driver versus continuous drive. The wood was pretty dry, however.

i've got the 6916 (12V) Makita impact driver and it never ceases to amaze me. Try online at Northwestpowertools or something like that. they are in WA state and had the best prices on the net when I got mine a few months ago.
it'll drive a screw all the way thru if the screw doesn't break first!
dave
Tiggy wrote:

BTW, don't confuse northwesterntools and northwestpowertools.com. the one I'm talking about is Spokane Power Tool and Hardware 801 Trent Ave spokane WA 99202, which is on the net as northwestpowertools.com
they ship quickly and have great prices. I also got my PC7518 - it was a very good deal also.
dave
bay area dave wrote:

Too late, I already have one in my hot little hands and the battery is charging! Thanks for taking the trouble though - I'm afraid to look to see how much money I could have saved!
- Al