Re: lumps of pigment in stain ?

Greetings,

> I bought a 5 gallon pail of stain.I used some then put it in the shed.It >gets quite hot in the shed.When I opened it up again there was a lurge lump >of pigment kinda floating in the stain.After mixing well with a power drill >mixer there were still lots of small lumps in the stain.Is there anything I >can do to salvage this stain?

I have a good enough relationship with two small indie paint stores that they will shake previously opened cans for me. Any chance of asking where you bought it?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I've never known mixing to break lumps up, even shaking in a proper paint mixer.

You need to mill it - stir it around in a drum, but with some sort of heavy ball milling rollers in there too. A rock tumbler can be used to do this at home (reading Lloyd Sponenburgh's blackpowder ball milling artciles is useful).

Reply to
Andy Dingley