Re: lumps of pigment in stain ?

wrote:

I have a good enough relationship with two small indie paint stores that they will shake previously opened cans for me. Any chance of asking where you bought it?
Barry

I've never known mixing to break lumps up, even shaking in a proper paint mixer.
You need to mill it - stir it around in a drum, but with some sort of heavy ball milling rollers in there too. A rock tumbler can be used to do this at home (reading Lloyd Sponenburgh's blackpowder ball milling artciles is useful).