Re: Longshot enquiry - 'Red Deer Brand' wooden floor

On Sunday, October 6, 2002 at 3:46:40 PM UTC-4, Alasdair Bovaird wrote:

een

nk

or

from London Ont Canada - just tore up some flooring in an attic that had a label on it 'Red Deer Brand' Muskoka Flooring Manufacturer Huntsville ON' perhaps this is the same? seems the same dimensions.....at any rate it is very old. believe the house to be a century home or very close to it......
snipped-for-privacy@bell.net writes:

The post you responded to was almost from the last century...
do you happen to still have the red deer flooring? Im in sudbury and need to repair a patch of flooring. My hose was built in 1949 with this stuff, and I believe it is Birch.
Thank you,
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 16:58:16 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sorry - we just sold the last piece - to that neighbour of yours - you know the one. the guy with the truck. I think his name was Gary .. or maybe Doug something or 'nuther. :-)
On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 8:40:31 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

dang. is he gonna resell or use himself, i wnder?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in wrote:

LOL. I think hubops is pulling your leg.
You might try emailing kjkoegler, I don't recognize that name as a regular in this group and he may not see your enquiry here.
John
On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 4:04:18 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@bell.net wrote:

.

been

hink

ich

ly

- or

hy

-

(is

ood

a label on it 'Red Deer Brand' Muskoka Flooring Manufacturer Huntsville ON' perhaps this is the same? seems the same dimensions.....at any rate it i s very old. believe the house to be a century home or very close to it..... .
also, were tey about 1 3/4 wide? and fairly certain the wood was birch at t hat time as I saw an advert from 1925 and it said red deer brand birch wood . anyhoot, thats for the post - I am looking for others who lifted old floo r from an old house!