Re: Link Belt Success

Ok.. I've thought about it enough. What is the Delta CS that uses a belt? I can only think of a few things that run on belts: Drill Press, Table Saw, ok only two things...
Ramsey wrote:

I finally got it... contractor saw....
Thomas Mitchell wrote:

Thomas Mitchell wrote:

I'll sell you a power spummy for $49.95.
Could also be Cabinet Saw.
I had thought of chain saw, but figured no one would try to use link belt on the chain saw. Cabinet saw works as well. In any case maybe we could assume some form of table saw. Sort of disappoints me. I thought maybe there was another tool that I didn't know about that I could buy.
Thomas
JackD wrote:

Drill press, shapers, band saws, jointers,table saws, compressors (air), fans, etc. There are a lot of items that deserve a link belt. I have them on all my belt driven machines.
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:39:25 -0400, Thomas Mitchell

Just installed one today on my Delta CS. Definitely less vibration BUT I find the whirring of the belt a bit noisier. Also just installed a zero-clearance insert and the blade rubs slightly against the insert making even more noise. have raised and lowered the blade several times is the contact is still there. Is all this noise going to go away eventually?
snipped-for-privacy@mackinengineering.com (Dave) wrote in message

You could always just reduce the amount of blade contact by filing or sanding another few thou off the insert so the blade isn't rubbing it constantly.
So I installed it on Linux...
If your insert isn't a real tight fit, you might try loosening the mounting screws, shoving it one way as far as you can, then raising the blade, then repeating in the other direction.
If you can't do that, try putting a thin shim behind your blade and raising it, then removing the shim.
Rico
Bri wrote:

Your cabinet saw uses a V-groove pulley ? Don't most use those flat, wider belts?
Incidentally, I'm a huge shill for link belts. A link belt was the first and last fix for my drill press (reduced vibration dramatically). Its kind of like a car that shudders or shimmies when you drive it. How long can you put up with that when you know all you have to do is replace a warped tire. Most of the time its the most bang for the buck you can get when you're looking to reduce vibration.
If *I* was a tool maker, I sure wouldn't want someone's perception of a tool I designed to be that of a wobbly, substandard contraption. Not over a few cents worth of polyurethane elastomer / polyester... They should include segmented belts as standard equipment with any induction tool.
So I installed it on Linux...