Re: Link Belt Success

That is the FIRST alteration or customizing we need to try on our

> machines. It is incredible . > > > > > >>After reading many reviews on the wreck, I finally installed a link >>belt (red) on my Delta CS. Even though I considered my saw well >>tuned, it still vibrated a bit, especially with the blade all the way >>up. After installing the link belt, vibration = 95% gone. Purrrrrrrs >>like a kitten. Thanks to all who recommended this product. >> >>Dave > >
Reply to
Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell

Reply to
Ramsey

I'll sell you a power spummy for $49.95.

Reply to
Silvan

Just installed one today on my Delta CS. Definitely less vibration BUT I find the whirring of the belt a bit noisier. Also just installed a zero-clearance insert and the blade rubs slightly against the insert making even more noise. have raised and lowered the blade several times is the contact is still there. Is all this noise going to go away eventually?

Reply to
Bri

You could always just reduce the amount of blade contact by filing or sanding another few thou off the insert so the blade isn't rubbing it constantly.

Reply to
David Binkowski

If your insert isn't a real tight fit, you might try loosening the mounting screws, shoving it one way as far as you can, then raising the blade, then repeating in the other direction.

If you can't do that, try putting a thin shim behind your blade and raising it, then removing the shim.

Rico

Bri wrote:

Reply to
Rico

Your cabinet saw uses a V-groove pulley ? Don't most use those flat, wider belts?

Incidentally, I'm a huge shill for link belts. A link belt was the first and last fix for my drill press (reduced vibration dramatically). Its kind of like a car that shudders or shimmies when you drive it. How long can you put up with that when you know all you have to do is replace a warped tire. Most of the time its the most bang for the buck you can get when you're looking to reduce vibration.

If *I* was a tool maker, I sure wouldn't want someone's perception of a tool I designed to be that of a wobbly, substandard contraption. Not over a few cents worth of polyurethane elastomer / polyester... They should include segmented belts as standard equipment with any induction tool.

Reply to
David Binkowski

Could also be Cabinet Saw.

Reply to
Leon

I had thought of chain saw, but figured no one would try to use link belt on the chain saw. Cabinet saw works as well. In any case maybe we could assume some form of table saw. Sort of disappoints me. I thought maybe there was another tool that I didn't know about that I could buy.

Thomas

JackD wrote:

Reply to
Thomas Mitchell