RE: Lew's Country Ribs

With cold weather just around the corner for much of the country, the following may be of interest.
Yes, it was posted some tikme ago.
Enjoy
Lew

4-6 lbs, Country Spare Ribs 1-3/4 Cups, Soy Sauce 1 Cup, Dark Brown Sugar 2 Tbl, Powdered Cinnamon
Preparation:
Mix the Soy, Sugar and Cinnamon until all are incorporated to provide a marinade.
Put meat and marinade in a gallon size plastic bag and seal.
Make sure there is enough marinade to cover all the meat.
Place in reefer over night. (8-10 hrs minimum)
Remove meat from plastic bag and place on a rack, in an oven pan, with fat side up, in a 400F oven for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 225F-250F for about 75-80 minutes/pound of meat.
Retain excess marinade, pour in a 1 Qt pot and slowly bring to a boil, then cool. (Do this carefully or you will caramelize the sugar.)
Boiling kills all the bad bugs in case you are curious.
This becomes the dipping sauce.
Remove meat from oven and allow to rest for about 15-30 minutes.
Slice ribs into 1/2" thick medallions, discarding any bones and unwanted fat.
Place heated marinade in a serving cup in middle of serving platter.
Surround serving plate rim with medallions of meat cut as outlined above, on the serving plate.
Drizzle marinade from serving dish on medallions of meet.
Serve with toothpicks.
A word of caution:
Get the hell out of the road before they run you over. <wink>
Enjoy
Lew

If I get my the sub-panel hot in my new (temp) shop in the morning (after I finish the trench today for that $$$.$$ GF 8/3 w/g), I'm gonna try this sooner than you think. Thanks!!
... something told me this morning, the _first_ time I tried to get out of bed, that digging 18" deep trenches in clay at 65+ ain't for sissies! :(
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

That's where you need about 20/20 vision. Find someone about 20 YO who's willing to do the work for about $20.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

That's a keeper..
"Nova" wrote

Hell, these days it would take longer to find a 20 year old who even knows what a shovel is than to do it yourself, and, if I found one, chances are I'd have to do it over again anyway.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

"Swingman" wrote:

Anytime.
Actually it is for 18 year olds who don't know any better.<grin>
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Sounds great, THANKS!
--

dadiOH
____________________________
"dadiOH" wrote:

Anytime.
Lew

Sounds interesting but I am not familiar with the term "reefer". This usually refers to a "funny" cigarette.
--
Stuart Winsor

"Stuart" wrote:

Depending on your age, try ice box or refrigerator.
Lew

Doh!
--
Stuart Winsor

Aside from the "funny" cigarette reference, I usually attributed "reefer" to a refrigerated long distance 18+ wheeler.