Re: leveling table

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:53:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

No matter WHAT his goal, his table may not be level when he gets done. But it may indeed by stable.
The specific plane determined by the 4 points doesn't need to be 'level'.
Have a nice week...
Trent
✖
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 03:45:50 GMT, "Bob Heveri"

1. Buy some leg levelers and install them.
2. Put some kind of shim under the offending leg.
3. Use a laser level...and cut a piece from the longer 3 legs.
Have a nice week...
Trent
✖

One LONG one?...or one SHORT one? lol
Have a nice week...
Trent
✖
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:24:20 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Well...if yer talkin' about THIS thread...nowhere did the OP say any of the legs were the same length.

It was fun bantering with you, Dougie...but now I'm startin' to feel guilty. So I've gotta ask ya...
Did you ever go to high school...yet? If so, did you take geometry? If so, did you get near a passing grade? Did you study the chapter on how many points determine a plane?...and how many determine a specific plane?
If you indeed did go to high school, try to review the above subject. Then read again what you just wrote.
You might even try an experiment. I can tell you now how your hypothesis might not work...but you should find out for yourself. It'll stick with you longer.
Good luck, Dougie kid.
Have a nice week...
Trent
✖
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:07:59 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Did you star in dumb and dumber? Which one were you?
Try this...
Short...shorter...shortest.

Let's try your hypothesis, then...
Take that table...with 2 legs of the same length...and the other 2 equal in length to each other.
Now...put it down on the top of 4 small dowel pins. The first pin will be 1 inch in length...the 2nd dowel make 2 inches...the 3rd, three inches...the 4th, 4 inches. As I said, see if you can set the table on all 4 points. See if it wobbles. lol
Now...take one of the legs off...so that you have only 3 legs...again put it on the dowels...see if it wobbles.
BTW...so that this doesn't confuse you...the table will need to be square...so that the dowels will line up.
Get back to us! lol
Have a nice week...
Trent
✖

understand
It seem to me that you didn't even make it through the first round of casting.

Stupid... idiotic... Trent©

shorter,
This is a configuration which is stable on a flat floor already, now you want to put it on some set of uneven points. Why? You can't accept that you are wrong?

This is fairly easy to do. If you label the legs clockwise A, B, C, D then put the 1" pin (is it a dowel or a pin?) under A, the 3" pin under B the 4" pin under C, the 2" pin under D and it will be fine.

Lean on the corner without the leg. Fall on your ass. A three legged table won't wobble, but that doesn't stop it from falling down.

No it doesn't. It would work with a round table too.

Hope you enjoyed your troll snack.

You too trent.
-Jack
Add pictures here
✖
The obvious solution is to remove one leg. Milking stools never rock.
Phil
Bob Heveri wrote:

Add pictures here
✖