Re: leveling table

I used to have a boss like that, always cheated at golf. Got a hole-in-one one day and wrote down a zero.

ARM

Reply to
Alan McClure

Only if you want to keep the table in the driveway.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

LMAO! :) Hell, Jack, A "driveway" table makes as much sense as submerging it in water to level the legs.

I'm a dull, boring guy so I'd just measure down from the aprons and cut 'em all the same length. ;>

Michael "Mr. Mundane" Baglio Chapel Hill

Reply to
Michael Baglio

I had a horse like that once....

-- Ernie

Reply to
Ernie Jurick

Did you star in dumb and dumber? Which one were you?

Try this...

Short...shorter...shortest.

Let's try your hypothesis, then...

Take that table...with 2 legs of the same length...and the other 2 equal in length to each other.

Now...put it down on the top of 4 small dowel pins. The first pin will be 1 inch in length...the 2nd dowel make 2 inches...the 3rd, three inches...the 4th, 4 inches. As I said, see if you can set the table on all 4 points. See if it wobbles. lol

Now...take one of the legs off...so that you have only 3 legs...again put it on the dowels...see if it wobbles.

BTW...so that this doesn't confuse you...the table will need to be square...so that the dowels will line up.

Get back to us! lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

"Trent©" wrote

It seem to me that you didn't even make it through the first round of casting.

Stupid... idiotic... Trent©

This is a configuration which is stable on a flat floor already, now you want to put it on some set of uneven points. Why? You can't accept that you are wrong?

This is fairly easy to do. If you label the legs clockwise A, B, C, D then put the 1" pin (is it a dowel or a pin?) under A, the 3" pin under B the 4" pin under C, the 2" pin under D and it will be fine.

Lean on the corner without the leg. Fall on your ass. A three legged table won't wobble, but that doesn't stop it from falling down.

No it doesn't. It would work with a round table too.

Hope you enjoyed your troll snack.

You too trent.

-Jack

Reply to