Re: leveling table

Page 1 of 2
Turn the table 180 degrees. If the does not fix it, Put a piece 60 grit sand paper under the long leg and slide the table back and forth until the problem is gone.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Leon wrote:

And if that doesn't work, fold the 60X and leave it under the short leg.
UA100
Add pictures here
βœ–
I never thought of that...

Add pictures here
βœ–
"Leon" wrote in message:

Please be cautious using Leon's advice. I posed the same question to him a year ago. He said we could talk about it over dinner. I met him (along with his wife and 17 kids) at Pappasitos (upscale eatery in Houston.) They all porked out - Leon drank his arse off - and to finally answer my question (as I picked up the tab) he handed me a pack of matches as we left. "Use these under the shortest leg!" LOL!
Jums
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tue, Jul 29, 2003, 8:54am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com (Unisaw A100) says: And if that doesn't work, fold the 60X and leave it under the short leg.
I heard of an editor that had a desk like that, except his was so bad, had to put something under all four legs.
JOAT Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football. - Lu-Tze
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html
Add pictures here
βœ–
Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:

I used to have a boss like that, always cheated at golf. Got a hole-in-one one day and wrote down a zero.
ARM
Add pictures here
βœ–
(Unisaw A100) says: And if that doesn't work, fold the 60X and leave it under the short leg.

I had a horse like that once.... -- Ernie
Add pictures here
βœ–
(Unisaw A100)

Or how about a throw rug/carpet??!
Add pictures here
βœ–

Buy a set of stick-on felt pads at the local franchise hardware store. Use as needed.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I just read about this in a wonderful book called Hand Tools, their ways and workings, by Aldren A. Watson. (W.W.Norton, NY).
More likely it is an unlevel floor rather than out of sync legs. He suggests putting a dowel in the leg, but not gluing it in. Instead, you roll a piece of paper around the dowel so you can remove it if you change the real estate under the table.
Have no idea how practical this is to do, but I do recommend the book.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Other than napkins ???
You will need a wading pool.
Put about 2" of water in pool.
Set table in water.
Mark the exact spot the water stops on each leg.
Get out the saw.
Table legs made from MDF should not be used in this manner.
Bob Heveri wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

On the off chance that someone might take this seriously, it should be pointed out that, unless the wading pool is on a surface that is absolutely flat and level, this method is of no value whatever.

βœ–
wrote in message;

I think if you cut that leg a man is MORE likely to wobble a bit. At least until the pain goes away.
-Jack
Add pictures here
βœ–
I was kidding but the method is rock solid... I have seen this "method" printed several times in woodworking and carpentry books.
Water will "always" be level no matter what surface the pool is sitting on. The "water level" goes back to the boys that built those funny looking building about 5,000 years ago in that place called Egypt.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pyramid/explore /
You can still buy a "water level" at any home center.
Doug Miller wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
Pat Barber wrote:

Take a perfectly level table and use your "pool method" on a driveway with a 30 degree slant. The table top will sit parallel to the driveway. The water will be level. Cut the legs at the waterline and you have a table top with a 30 degree slope.
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sure your dishes will slide off, but it WILL NOT wobble on a flat surface. The real trick here is to unslant your driveway first. This often requires large machinery.
-Jack
Add pictures here
βœ–

And this would be where that whole spin-the-table-180-degrees thing comes in, right?
Michael "Mr. Geometry" Baglio Chapel Hill
Add pictures here
βœ–
Michael Baglio wrote:

Only if you want to keep the table in the driveway.
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Add pictures here
βœ–

LMAO! :) Hell, Jack, A "driveway" table makes as much sense as submerging it in water to level the legs.
I'm a dull, boring guy so I'd just measure down from the aprons and cut 'em all the same length. ;>
Michael "Mr. Mundane" Baglio Chapel Hill
Add pictures here
βœ–
Yeah, but it won't rock.

Add pictures here