Re Lee Valley plane question

I bought a Mujingfang plane (chinese not Taiwanese) that has a 50 degree bed angle for around $30. I purchased it based on a plane comparison I saw on the net: http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticles/haspc.shtml . The plane is amazing, better than any of my smoothers -#4 w Hock blade, # 4 1/2 with L-N blade, Shephard Tool Spiers 7, St James Norris- however this is probably due in large part to the bed angle. It is also less comfortable to use for a long time, but for $30 it rocks.
Scot

angle for around $30. I purchased it based on a plane comparison I saw on the net: http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticles/haspc.shtml . The plane is amazing, better than any of my smoothers -#4 w Hock blade, # 4 1/2 with L-N blade, Shephard Tool Spiers 7, St James Norris- however this is probably due in large part to the bed angle. It is also less comfortable to use for a long time, but for $30 it rocks.
Umm... got a link for the sales site for us poorer bastards? Or is it Lee Valley?
Thanks, Alex
www.japanwoodworker.com has a whole series of "Chinese pattern planes" made by Mujingfang. Here's an example: http://tinyurl.com/5whn7 .
Bob

Hey thanks bob, that is really cool! I want the plough/lpow

"oops!" accidentally clicked send. to continue... /plow plane and a smoother, these are great prices too. Alex