Re: Just Wondering

That's basically my feelings on it. I report 'em, but can't track

>'em down. But, seems like a lot of the people whe can actually track the >trolls down prefer to filter them out, rather than reporting them. Get >daddy's account dropped a time or two, and we would see the trolls die >off, I am sure.

As much as I hate legal stuff, a harassment or slander charge could be in order for some of the real idiots.

Some of these people simply continue to come back, canceling accounts won't do it for them. They simply have no life. When I worked for an ISP, it was amazing how effective simply beginning a legal action was. Not threats, but action. They shut up quick after a law enforcement person or legal courier delivering papers stops by.

It doesn't have to be expensive, either. All it has to cost is a small chunk of lawyer time and the costs of filing and serving the papers. Not $20, but possibly worth it for the real idiots.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Breaking my own tenets...

I say that if people would simply ignore them publicly, and report them to their ISPs privately, the problem would be much diminished.

But those who continue to validate them by starting threads that ask why they are here, or respond to their posts, perpetuate the problem.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Edwin,

It was a simple Yes or No question...and do you really think my post is encouraging them? I'm just trying to find a few that have enough balls and smarts to help track these jerks down and give them a little grief in return. If it means hiring a lawyer, I'd kick in a fair share to help clean out these maggots.

Bob S.

Reply to
bs

I apologize for the profanity.

Bob S.

Reply to
bs

Wrong....

Try again. I've recently changed from Bob S. to bs but there have been plenty of woodworking posts if you knew how to look.

Bob S.

Reply to
bs

Yes, I do. So is this one in reply. Every time someone mentions the trolls, they scored a point. That is what they live for.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sorry bs, some of us have been around the net long enough to know how this works. Your op does indeed encourage them. As to your question about why they havn't gone away, I ask you

Q--> Have they been ignored as suggested? A--> No Result--> they are still here

Cheers Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

You've been told several times by several people that posts like yours are encouraging them. Yet you continue to do it, after being repeatedly asked to stop.

You have moved from complaining about a problem, to _being_part_ of the problem. You have been told this enough times, by enough different people, that ignorance is no longer available to you as an excuse, leaving only malice or stupidity as possible explanations.

Either way... plonk.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Frank,

I have not responded to them - and as for being around the net long enough, day one if it matters. And the very reason these trolls are still around is because many of you are unwilling to do anything about it. I have been in the background doing what I can but until a critical mass is reached - we won't be heard and the ISP's won't do anything until it effects their wallet.

Some of you guy's are worse than the trolls - at least they have the guts to speak out and are persistent but ducking your heads in the sand thinking the problem will go away appears to be your fix.

It won't get fixed until you take action and from what I've heard, most are just to damn lazy to help or have a dozen other excuses why something won't work - acting like you've tried it before, been there, done that etc. I seriously doubt you have but just in case, let's learn something from your experience and why it failed. The next attempt could be better - ever think of that?

Y'all get back to your filters now and I'll get off the orange crate.

Bob S.

Reply to
bs

No reason to be hostile towards me Bob, I am on your side. What you need to understand is that to these people a warning from their ISP is a reward. It means that they have irritated a lot of people. Getting dropped by an ISP is like the holy grail! It is an indication of troll-hood of the highest degree. It means that a sh*tload of people have been irritated enough spend their own personal time complaining. It is no big deal to get a new ISP, they are a dime a dozen, and the cycle continues until nobody answers anymore. Then they move on.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Frank,

Not mad at you personally although I'll agree my response would somewhat disagree with that..

You made several good points, especially as it would pertain to the hard-core type of troller. His reward would probably be getting kicked off. But there are plenty of amateurs out there trying their best too and those, I believe could be dealt with a letter from a lawyer perhaps as one suggested.

The consensus (albeit very brief) seems to be that they'll go away. I doubt it - they haven't so far. As I said, I put the orange crate away - don't want to aggravate the trolls ya know...

Bob S.

Reply to
bs
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

And I've said it before...

One of the best trolling tactics is to play nice guy...and start a thread like this one. Just Wondering...seems innocent enough.

Just watch how much useless bandwidth this thread will use up.

There's only 1 of 2 reasons someone will start this kind of a thread.

And being is troll is the nicest of the reasons.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

But you ARE a troll.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©

Hey Trent....

Read your responses and talk about someone feeding the trolls......

Go f**k off someplace else

Reply to
bs

Trent,

If you did a little research you would know for sure......

And I do believe your sig line too...you are certifiable alright. Just read some of the dribble you've posted....

Reply to
bs
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

SEE!!! I *TOLD* ya! Fun...isn't it.

Isn't that what you wanted.

Sucked me right in...good for you! lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

Reply to
Trent©

Exactly!

Now...startin' to see the big picture?

Whether its me...or some other twit...have you really accomplished anything here.

SURE you have. of course. You've accomplished what you've REALLY wanted to do! lol

Your turn.