Re: JET Products

Probably a regional thing. I was in my local Wood Craft today and saw only 1 Delta stationary machine and the rest was Jet.

better
Delta
tools.

This dosen't seem to be true with any of the stores here in CT. Our tool stores seem to carry quite a selection of brands. Don't forget, Woodcraft stores are franchises, maybe the local owner of your store(s) is doing something with Delta.
Barry
The Dallas Woodcraft went from a Jet contractors saw to a PM66!!!
Leon wrote:

Grant P. Beagles wrote:

same company
Different saw!!!!
ATP wrote:

But Jet and Powermatic belong to the same company. Along with Performax and several others.
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:50:37 -0500, "Grant P. Beagles"

And Chevy and Oldsmobile are both GMs. Ford/Lincoln, Taco Bell/Pizza Hut...
On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:53:39 -0500, TAP wrote:

It might have something to do with Delta's new X5 launch. One, they're giving people extra incentive to buy the X5s (huge warranties, free tools, etc.). And two, they're *probably* giving stores extra incentive to get rid of their older models so the displays will favor the X5s.
david
--
So, we've got Uday and Qusay. Now, how about the Eapons-way of Ass-may
Estruction-day?

Louisville, KY Woodcraft carries a LOT of Jet, has been running great sales on JET products, and all of the employees push Jet over Delta pretty hard. Two weeks ago I bought the 14" Jet Bandsaw and don't regret choosing Jet over Delta at all. The salesperson told me that Delta's got some great upper end products but their latest mid-ranged products that he's seen have been pretty bad compared to Jet and the like.
Someone (Woodworker Journal?) did a survet lately on drill presses and Sears won! Can you believe it? I was impressed. Delta has been good; is emphasis on "has been"? I tend now to favor Jet also and usually they are also cheaper-a hard combination to dislike.