Re: JET Products

Probably a regional thing. I was in my local Wood Craft today and saw only

1 Delta stationary machine and the rest was Jet.

Been away from woodworking for a while, and have noticed that most tools

> stores are going away from the JET brand tools and are carrying mostly > DELTA. Did JET make a wrong political move, or is Delta just offering better > deals. My local Woodcraft hardly carries any JET but has almost every Delta > tool in their store. They are even selling all of their JET classroom tools. > > Todd Pierce > >
Reply to
Leon

This dosen't seem to be true with any of the stores here in CT. Our tool stores seem to carry quite a selection of brands. Don't forget, Woodcraft stores are franchises, maybe the local owner of your store(s) is doing something with Delta.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

The Dallas Woodcraft went from a Jet contractors saw to a PM66!!!

Le> Probably a regional thing. I was in my local Wood Craft today and saw only

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles

It might have something to do with Delta's new X5 launch. One, they're giving people extra incentive to buy the X5s (huge warranties, free tools, etc.). And two, they're *probably* giving stores extra incentive to get rid of their older models so the displays will favor the X5s.

david

Reply to
D K Woods

Different saw!!!!

ATP wrote:

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles

Louisville, KY Woodcraft carries a LOT of Jet, has been running great sales on JET products, and all of the employees push Jet over Delta pretty hard. Two weeks ago I bought the 14" Jet Bandsaw and don't regret choosing Jet over Delta at all. The salesperson told me that Delta's got some great upper end products but their latest mid-ranged products that he's seen have been pretty bad compared to Jet and the like.

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

And Chevy and Oldsmobile are both GMs. Ford/Lincoln, Taco Bell/Pizza Hut...

Reply to
tnfkajs