Re: Jet 14" band saw cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 810&item%49560375
Since the saw you have at auction is $480 NEW, and yours is used, and the going rate on used power tools is 50-60% in very good condition.....please explain how your saw with a $400 opening bid is "cheap"? I wish I could sell my tools with buy it now at $70 over retail. I think we'd all sell out and get a new shop full of tools.
Menard's has this model for $475 new, and cheaper when on sale.

I pointed that out to him in both posts. Bad thing is, some idiot on Ebay will probably bid it up to the Buy It Now price! Hopefully those who hang out here are smarter! And when you consider the Jet 1hp closed base is selling for $550, who wouldn't rather have that.
Dig
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 17:04:02 -0500, "Digger" <DW> wrote:

I've seen new things from Harbor Freight being sold at e-bay and getting 20% or more above the list price, even taking shipping from HF into account. Not a bad way to sit at home and make a few bucks, I suppose. Consumer imperfect knowledge. Then again, I've seen a couple of things at HF that are identical -- i.e., seems like same manufacturer to me -- to what is sold at Lee Valley for 2-3 times as much. Go figga.

So far no one has bit/bid on it. There might be hope for consumers yet.
Wes