Re: INSPIRATION - TOOL DOCK

't Shop Notes or one of the other WW mags run an article on

something similar in the last year or two? Truth is that there are relatively few tools that I'd set up that way, but it would be a big saver of bench-top space to not have grinder, bench sander, etc. all bolted down.

I do use a similar approach with my reloading gear. It is all fastened to pieces of 2x8 that I c-clamp to the edge of the workbench.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

I use a similar approach. I have some built-in workbenches with electrical outlets every two feet. Below the workbenches are open shelving for storing the bench-top tools. Each of the tools is mounted on a piece of plywood slightly bigger than the base of the tool. In some cases, I have attached or

1" square cleat at the bottom of the front edge of this plywood to hold it in position. It is very quick and easy to pull one of these out and clamp in place when I want to use the tools. Some tools, I leave out most of the time and others come out for occasional use and then get put away..
Reply to
Bob Haar