Re: In my exuberance (ok, stupidity) - thanks to all who responded. I fixed it.

In the interest of time, I decided to cut the bottom the same size as the drawer's outer dimensions and simply roo glue and staple the bottom on from underneath. Bear in mind this is a LIGHT DUTY drawer. I went on to make the second drawer (dovetails) and this time I made damn sure to rout the groove for the bottom! <g>
If the drawer bottom fails in use, I will THEN remake the whole thing from scratch. Time is always my enemy, so I took the fastest way out...
thanks to all! (everyone gave excellent ideas)
dave
Get on ya hoss and drink ya milk, cowboy!
(Cue the Death March while Neanders roll in their graves!)
Cheers
Frank

from

Get off ya hoss and stick ya hands up! Ya bum! Get off ya hoss and stick ya hands up, ya bum! Get off ya hoss, and stick ya hands up ya bum!
Punctuation can be a mighty powerful and, sometimes, painful thing.
Greg