Re: Important parenting tips from Monty Python:

Page 2 of 2
During first trip to Boston area ordered coffee at coffee shop and waitress asked "Want that regular?" and I answered "Yes" expecting black. Got cream. Never did figure that one out.
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:24:48 GMT, "patrick conroy"

In New York that would have meant with cream and sugar. I grew up close enough to NY City (Denville, NJ) that "regular" coffee was understood to mean "with cream and sugar." This was before decaf was quite so ubiquitous. In those days if you wanted decaf you asked for "Sanka."
Anyway, I moved to Virginia and after living here for many years went up to NY to visit some relatives. I stopped into a deli to buy a cup of coffee, and when the counter person asked "regular?" I assumed they meant with caffeine, but when I took a sip my memory was jogged and the true meaning came back to me. ;-)
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.
"David Hall" wrote in message...

Maybe not. But he may have felt that he was defending his choir from a much better-funded choir from 10,000 miles away. A choir that is intent on pushing the songs it wants sung and installing its own conductor for the "good" of his son's choir. But the son's choir doesn't want to sing those songs, and probably never will. Meanwhile, the conductor that really needed to be replaced is still in power just waiting for his choir to sing his songs.
-Bob

Yes I am sure that the conductor freely selected by representatives of his choir members is in much more need of replacement than the conductor of the choir from the cult that gets them to sing better by throwing a few into a shredder every now and then ;)
Dave Hall
That may well depend upon whether you're an audience member, or a potential choir member! :>)
Kevin
--
=====
"David Hall" < snipped-for-privacy@nhsd.k2.pa.us> wrote in message
snipped-for-privacy@nhsd.k2.pa.us says...

Badda Boom, Badda Bing! The winnah has spoken! This was a contest to see who was the most ignorant, provincial f**k among us. . You , obviously, have swallowed the hook deep!!. So you win: Congratulations!! ;~)
Kim

So, the shredder didn't exist then, Kim?

I assume your parry shiners are not of a brown skinned persuasion? That if they are then they are congenitally guilty of something or other?

yeah, right. It's always about race. Dickhead!
Dave Hall