Re: ICE SCRAPER

> As I write this, is just finished snowing and dropping about an

>inch of snow here. The weather people say the highest it's gonna get >today in still in the 20s. But, being in central NC, it's supposed to >be above freezing tomorrow, and the rest of the week, during the days >that is, still below freezing at night. This should about do it for >winter. LOL > > > >JOAT >Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people >what they need to get. >- Albert

Hi JOAT,

Enjoy your warm weather. At 7 degrees this morning, it was 19 degrees warmer than when I went to bed last night. We have had about four inches of snow in the past three days, with more expected every day and night this week.

My son is at Fort Bragg, and he was also boasting about your 20 degree weather when he called last night. It was about 8 below here at the time. It's 17 above right now, but expected to drop below zero overnight.

Bob McConnell - Ithaca, NY N2SPP

Reply to
Bob McConnell

wishfull thinkin JOAT????? lol. took me nearly 4 hours to get from morrisville to youngsvill today. think i'll stay home tomorrow and let it do some thawin out. over 3 hours on crapital blvd is more than any man should have to endure!!

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

hi bob. lived in corning for the first 20 years ov my life so i can relate to what you are dealing with. at least you got snow removal equipment up there! nothing more comicle than watchin a motor grader tryin to plow snow! lmao.... skeez

Reply to
skeezics

I missed the original posting, but say it's not worth the effort. We had -27C night before last. A garage means no scraping, but if caught outside we run the heater and window defrost.and back window electric defrost for a few minutes before scraping. Saves a ton of effort, and less damage to windshield and wiper blades. I have a $1.50 hard plastic scraper I've used for the past 3 years, so it saves on the scraper as well.

Reply to
Guess who

Thu, Jan 20, 2005, 1:09am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.lightlink.com (Bob=A0McConnell) says: Hi JOAT, Enjoy your warm weather. My son is at Fort Bragg

Heh heh. I am. Born & raised in Michigan. Never more, never more. I'm about 40 miles from Bragg, used to grocery shop there, I'll wave to your son if I see him.

JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get.

- Albert

Reply to
J T

Thu, Jan 20, 2005, 1:15am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@home.com (skeezics) says: wishfull thinkin JOAT????? lol. took me nearly 4 hours to get from morrisville to youngsvill today. think i'll stay home tomorrow and let it do some thawin out. over 3 hours on crapital blvd is more than any man should have to endure!!

Hehehe Not a bit. Snowed. Stopped. I went to town, then back home, no prob. I guess that was you I saw on TV, stuck in traffic. You were just on the wrong side of Raleigh.

JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get.

- Albert

Reply to
J T

Location, location, location... :)

We were -10F neighborhood last weekend after the freezing rain ahead of the front, 70F neighborhood today/tomorrow ahead of next front Saturday/Sunday...

Typical high plains consistency... :)

Reply to
Duane Bozarth