Re: I need help finding a variable voltage controller

Being you don't need actual thermostat action and adjusting the heat

>level manually works, a router control should work fine. 700 watts >is is only about 6 amps and well within specs for most router >controls. Using 2 heaters on one control long term might be too much >current for some to handle.

I just was not sure they were the right thing. I have found what I do need to get though.

go for around 100.00 and they are extremely reliable. a bit more then I need but I don't want 500.00 in ebony ruined.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Steve, at the bottem of the info it says rated for 5 amps max. Be carefull of that.

-- John, in Minnesota

Reply to
John, in MN

oopa your right. 5000va must come out to 5 amps.

are some simple ones.
missed this one it's a killer price and 20 amps.

Reply to
Steve Knight

A little more fine print: The mfg spec is 7 amps max without an external heatsink, 12 amps with. You would still need to supply a pot for control and wire it. IMHO, with an external heatsink, 1 heater.

If all is as appears this would handle 2 heaters.

-- John, in Minnesota

Reply to
John, in MN

I have a fellow offering to help me set this up. an electronic tech and it will be well worth the planes given (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight