Re: HUMOR: Getting even at Home Depot

Page 6 of 8
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com says...

I don't have a direct cite, take a look on google for how cell phones work. The system has to know the cell you are in so that it can route calls to you. When your phone is on, the phone is communicating with the cell you are in.

Ayup. We had our telco security call the office once to find out if I really had traveled from Rochester NY to Mpls/St. Paul in the 3 hours between cell calls they saw in their logs. They were able to place me at both airports and were apparently concerned that my cell may have been stolen or cloned (or both).
The call came to the office while I was still at the Mpls airport, their security red-flagged it immediately.
djb
--
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Mike Z, where did you learn to read?
Mike D. clearly indicated that "A friend of mine (whose dad is a retired CHP officer) sent this to me. This story is from her dad: ;~)
Unisaw A100 wrote:

How's that scam working for you? Me, I've been trying for years to become some rich chick's sex slave. No takers.
Silvan wrote:

That's your trouble. Your looking to start at the top.
UA100
Charlie Self wrote:

No kidding. At least you'd be getting laid and you would be 50% there which is way better than a big fat goose egg.
UA100
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:42:39 +0000, Unisaw A100 wrote:

Yabbut, trading up ain't no cake walk. The poor one usually ends up richer than the rich one after the major combat operations are over.
-Doug
Unisaw A100 wrote:

So I should become some poor chick's sex slave? If I were going to do that, I might as well just stay with SWMBO.
Silvan wrote:

A'yup. There's an up side to this also. You get to keep both halves of the house, the cars, the tools...
UA100, who occasionally introduces his wife as, "this is my first wife"...

Hmmmmm.
I might begin introducing Mrs. Craig as "this is my last wife".
Before we married, she informed me that if I ever divorced her, I better like the idea of living with my ex, because she wasn't going anywhere. ;-)
Kevin

I have a hard time believing all that lumber could be held up in the stack at that angle by that string. Sure looks flimsy to me.
Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

Thank you Owen. The Mensa people are now reaccepting applications from rec.wooddorkers.
UA100, who also would like to point out, "so how'd the guy even get off the lumber yards lot with his tires dug into the fender wells anyway?"... among the other debunkafications I could cite..

I also have a hard time believing the woman is asleep with all the commotion going on. I think she's DEAD. And the sacks of concrete in the back seat are intended to make up a pair o' galoshes for her. While the guy was at the Borg picking up the quickcrete, he got distracted and a bit carried away with a Blue Light Special on ply and sticks.
Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

Yeah, me too. In spite of the associated text that seems to indicate that it's not really a hoax, I still don't believe it.

believe it. I once watched a couple load what had to be over a ton of treated two-bys into the bed of an S-10 (looked like they were planning a deck). They loaded the short boards first, then the long ones, so the whole stack was tilted down toward the back of the truck. And of course the whole truck was tilting that way too, from the weight. They left with the woman driving, and the man sticking his arm out through the window in the back of the cab to hold the load down.
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 03:27:07 GMT, "Mike Dembroge"

The only thing I ever knew of that actually worked, after Kalifornia cops gave up ticketing bozos who parked in handicapped spaces, was the tool my paternal grandmother had me make.
She was handicapped, badly. Had trouble operating the _diagonal wire cutters_ she carried in her car.
I had some long extensions welded on the handles, and that made it a lot easire for her to snip off >tire stems<.
No one ever gave her any grief, and the various cops had no choice but ticket the offender because the vehicle was still in the handicapped slot when they finally showed up.
Couple of hardheads though they'd beat granny up over some $2.00 tire stems, but a snootful of Mace changed their minds.
Granny was a mean ol' bitch. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com
Granny sounds like my kind o' gal! Nahmie

Mark (just Mark) wrote:

Move the car? Ummm, Mark, I can call you Mark, can I?, Tell me something Mark. Do you reeeeeeeeealy believe what you just said?

According to the text, the driver was off running up and down the highway so I'm not sure whazup with this theory.
By the way, I'm initialization impaired. What's a LEO? I suspect it has some meaning to cop groupies but I'm not sure what not being a cop groupie and all.

Oh that's right. It's on the Internet therefore it must be...
sigh...

It blows real good. Trouble is so does the lumber car.
UA100
Alan McClure wrote:

Thanks Alan. Not being a cop groupie and all I didn't quite catch on.
UA100

Proper etiquette...
Whenever you use an acronym for the first time within a document, its proper etiquette to first write out the entire phrase...and then put the acronym in parentheses next to the phase. From that point on, only the acronym need be written.
For example...
law enforcement officer (LEO)
With any subsequent document (newsgroup post) however, the above procedure should again be followed.
Following such a procedure makes it easy to create your own acronyms for long phrases that may be unique...and only pertinent...to your particular document.
Like Unisaw, I'd never heard of LEO before...nor TLA. So I thank him for his inquiry...and for your answer.
And, of course...acronyms and abbreviations are different matters.
Hope ya'll have a nice week...
Trent