Re: HUMOR: Getting even at Home Depot

Page 5 of 8
George, What is that new truck {with about '3 foot, nothing' ground clearance} that has a profile like a 'Push me / Pull you' ? Saw one In front of the local library on Saturday. In a 'handicap' slot, and cock-eyed, at that.
Actually, the trucks, suv's, & '4x4's outnumber the Caddies, etc.when it comes to handicap parking 'violations'. HOWEVER, it scares the hell out of me when I see some decrepit person {NOT just 'age'}, with the cataract glasses, hearing aid, 'head down & locked' attitude, hobble {or use their walker} to their HUGE car and take 10 minutes to clamber in to the drivers seat. There is NO WAY that they have the vision or coordination to operate a 2, 000 pound 'missile'.

message

In the story, nobody 'filed' a false report. The guy made a false statement to the police.
I suppose if he told the police that it looked to him like the guy was driving drunk (which appears to be true) when he pulled in and parked then they might have also arived with equal alacrity and effect.

I think I'd go with the 'report a possibly drunk driver' approach. A lot of PDs take DWI very seriously and some also take 'aggressive driving' reports. I dunno wha tthey do with those, they just advertise that they take the reports.
--

FF

On 14 Sep 2003 17:40:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Fred the Red Shirt) wrote:

And some avoid them like the plague!
There was an expose' in my area about DWI citations. The cops here only give them out if they're absolutely forced to...accident, or obviously weaving, etc. and endangering themselves or someone else.
It takes on average about 3 or 4 hours to fill out all the necessary paperwork and process an arrest for DWI. The city force is undermaned...and can't afford to have a crew out of service for half of their tour.
Officially, they always give out tickets. Unofficially, it seldom happens...unless an accident or some other type of incident is also involved.
Hope ya'll had a nice weekend...
Trent
On 14 Sep 2003 17:40:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Fred the Red Shirt) wrote:

Tomato or Tomatoe? <G>
Barry

A distinction without a difference.
Dennis Vogel
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme says...

via cell phone to boot. Nobody would be able to trace that call ... If the story were true, the two police cars would have shown up, lights flashing, determined that the shoplifting call was false, identified that the fellow's truck was disabled, and had the guy who disabled the truck and filed the false report kissing pavement.

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 03:47:27 GMT, Mark & Juanita
Cell phone calls can easily be traced.
Hope ya'll have a nice week...
Trent
Keep_it_in_the_newsgroup snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

Umm, sometimes sarcasm doesn't carry in the printed medium very well. I am very aware that cell phones are the easiest thing to trace. As a matter of fact, if you have a cell phone turned on (you don't even need to be talking), it is possible for people to locate your position to a pretty high degree of accuracy.
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 03:46:15 GMT, Mark & Juanita

Especially when a common belief is being repeated.
Barry
Go to yard sale pick up analog cell phone, charge batteries or hook into power supply, make call to 911( the only call an analog cell phone can make now days with out a service plan) call is untraceable, they can locate you to within a tower range but no closer. Don't try to get a service plan for the analog, you will only get laughed at.

For the most part it is not untraceable because it is analog but because it is old technology without traceablility built in.
--
Young Carpenter

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 -0500, "Sweet Sawdust"

If you happen to be in an area that still actually has analog service.
In my area, I swear there's probably one analog channel in each site.
Barry
and it will remain so that ANY cell phone can be used to call 911. some sort of FCC rule.
in message wrote:

please cite your source of this information. thanks!
dave
Mark & Juanita wrote: snip As a

Dave,
The cell that you are currently operating in has the ability to record your presence in that area along with the date and time. Older and rural cells (macro cells) are typically several miles in diameter. If you are in a metropolitan are that utilizes microcells the diameter of these cells can be between 300 and 1000 meters.
If you don't want you travels to be known turn off your cell phone.
We had a Baptist minister in Dallas a number of years ago who was indicted and ultimately convicted of attempting to kill his wife in large measure because his travels were documented through his cell phone record trail.
http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/042197/railey.htm
Phil
Bay Area Dave wrote:

Thought he was Methodist?
I had to laugh. If a Methodist had done it they would have said he was acting like a Baptist. The Baptist church is right across the street from the Methodist in my town (and down the street form the Episcopal). We are always ribbing one another that way.
--
Young Carpenter

says...

I meant no slight to either denomination (truth to tell if Railey is guilty and nonrepentant -- he was neither Baptist, Methodist, nor Christian, but a hypocrite -- I belong to neither denomination, I was only trying to make sure the facts were correct). I lived in Dallas at the time of these events, and I thought he was Pastor of one of the Methodist churches. [Quick check on Google, from <http://www.handwriting.org/archives/99may_03.html : " Within seven years he was made senior minister at First United Methodist Church in Dallas. ..."]

Don't worry I don't take it as a slight. If denominations can't rib one another about each other (G. Keelor [sp?] is a good one for that) then they would be arguing. Ok enough religion.
--
Young Carpenter

You're correct. He was a Methodist minister.
Phil