Re: Humor: Dangerous Cocobolo!

> without any problems in either truck. The Op was hauling in a

>> compact car. I figure ANY truck is better than that. > > No, the OP (me) was hauling in a mini-van. It will hold 4x8 sheet stock > with > doors closed, if you load it at the correct angle. I'd never, ever submit > it to the equal of any truck. Its a mom-mobile. But its paid for and

I wish more mini-van drivers would figure out they're behind the wheel of a mom-mobile. I don't know how many times I've gotten stuck behind one of those things going up a mountain. (It happens frequently, because I live at the top of a mountain. I'm coming home empty in my tractor-trailer, and I have to drop three gears to stay behind some stupid mini-van that can't make it up the hill, but who insists on staying in the middle lane anyway.)

I drive Dad's mini-van on occasion, so I *know* how anemic they are. That thing has the saddest, most pathetic excuse for a V6 I have ever seen. I could get double or triple horsepower by applying a match to the outflow end of a flatulent chipmunk and strapping it to the roof.

Reply to
Silvan

Thanks for that picture. Rockey the JATO unit. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

C130 background Dave?

Reply to
Greg Millen

Only indirectly. Navy, but lots of friends in MAC and SAC, Guam's a small island. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Not a lot of us remember the JATO rockets nowadays. I'm an ex C130 loadmaster - RAAF. Never used them myself but am well aware of them.

There's a rather amusing story in the Darwin awards about a guy welding one into a Chevy Impala (Impaler).

Greg Millen