Re: How to keep Kerf open???

Can you bandsaw it?
If your using a tablesaw try cutting 3 inches deep then flipping the board over and cutting the other 3". Are you trying to cut the whole 6" at once?
Sincerely, Rich

"Joseph E. Shea, Jr." wrote:

I assume that you're doing this on a bandsaw since it would be a pretty big circular saw to cut 6" in one pass. I would put a wedge or a thin piece of wood in the closed kerf, carefully start the saw, and continue the cut. Hard to say if either of the resulting pieces will be straight enough to use. Please tell us how this turns out. ARM