Re: How can I hang 1/4 plywood jigsaw cutouts?

> >Hello All, > > > >First time poster so not sure if this is an on-topic post. If not, I'll be > >hanging around anyway for definite on-topic posts to come. > > > >I used a jigsaw to cut out some 1/4 plywood designs to hang in my son's > >room. They are approximately 18" x 12" in size. I need to figure out a way > >to hang them on the wall without having the mounting show. If they were > >thicker, i.e. 1/2 plywood, I'd have no problem since I could easily find a > >painting hanger that would work. But since they are so thin, I'm not sure > >exactly what to use. > > > >My best idea so far is to superglue some type of mounting onto the back > >since I think the cutouts are too thin for any screws/nails. > > Glue is a good idea. But don't use super glue...use some good Epoxy > glue...or something like that that has more holding power. > > Another idea...if you don't need the design to fit flush against the > wall... > > Cut out some small rectangular pieces of either 1/4" ply or 1/2" ply > and glue those to the designs with some GOOD carpenter's glue. Then > screw your hangers on THOSE pieces. That'll give you 1/2" or 3/4" to > screw onto. > > Make sure you put on 2 hangers with a wire between them. Make it a > lot easier to center the pieces when hanging. > > > Good luck. > > > Have a nice week... > > Trent > > > Cat...the OTHER white meat!
Reply to
Ben Fox

ShopNotes (I don't the issue) had a plan for keeping jigs and patterns organized. I made one, only larger, from scrap wood from pallets. Bascially, it is a ladder achored to the the ceiling. Hooks are made from heavy wire bent on a jig. Making various hooks makes this method a good choice for custom hooks. My rungs are walnut, ash, maple, or whatever was in the pallet wood. It holds a lot of stuff out of the way and doesn't use wall space.

Reply to
Phisherman