Re: Home Depot screws me again

I'm not sure what you mean by "mass merchandise outlet". Your neighborhood hardware store is almost certainly going to be selling the same rolled fasteners as HD/Lowes.

Reply to
Roy Smith

Steve Turner wrote in news:h81601$lot$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I wonder if there's calipers out there that are made out of thin (like credit card thickness) plastic. Most of the time I'm measuring something with my calipers, I don't need the 3-digit precision. I just need to get around or into a tight space.

Something that would fit in a wallet would be great for those quick "how thick is this?" queries.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

This just one offering from Central Tool, a great company. These short metal slide calipers come from different makers in both steel and brass. I have both. Pocket sized, bullet proof, and some graduated as fine as 1/64" (~0.015"). I carry these instead of a more expensive machinest calipers, which I lost my very first vernier 6 incher in Lowe's when I put it down for a minute, and turned my head (DOH!).

notbob

This just one offering from Central Tool, a great company. These short metal slide calipers come from different makers in both steel and brass. I have both. Pocket sized, bullet proof, and some graduated as fine as 1/64" (~0.015"). I carry these instead of a more expensive machinest calipers, which I lost my very first vernier 6 incher in Lowe's when I put it down for a minute, and turned my head (DOH!).

notbob

It probably traveled to the store through a monsoon.

Reply to
Joe