Re: Home Depot Apologizes to Pencil Thief

Zodiaq has quartz in it, but it's still a solid surfacing material.

As you probably know, it's MUCH more expensive than Corian, but it has some distinct advantages over traditional solid surfacing, especially for a kitchen counter. It won't burn and it won't support food-based bacteria growth, making it excellent for food preparation.

The traditional view is that Staron is not as "good" as real hinest to God Corian.

- Matt

Reply to
Matt Stachoni

I can't recall exactly what was priced what, but I remember we started around the 40 some dollar price range and went all the way up to around 90 bucks a square foot. The granite being the most expensive and I want to say quartz came in second to the top in pricing. All the other choices were grouped between those two price ranges. They may advertise a certain price, although I've never seen granite advertised at $49, but once you start giving them measurements and deciding on the type of finished edge you want, everything starts going up in price per square foot. Granted, the salesman did say that the granite I chose was their most expensive style. I believe it was called Blue Pearl. It also comes in a black pearl. Sales guy said those two particular colors were the most expensive granite they carried. Of course I didn't know that when I chose the color. They were all just grouped there together, and that was my color choice out of all the granite they had.

td

Reply to
tiny dancer

I was leaning towards a porcelan sink but everyone is trying to talk me out of it because it might chip. I have stainless now, double sink, but I really don't like the look of the stainless. My cabinets will be a bright white, the countertop if I go with the granite I chose, would be very dark shades of blue. We are putting hardwoods on the floor and I want white appliances. I just don't care for the stainless look. Seems like with the appliances especially, they would be harder to keep clean what with kids and dogs.

td

Reply to
tiny dancer

I guess that's something I could consider too. Thanks for the suggestion.

td

Owner:Chinook-L

Owner:Sibernet-L

Reply to
tiny dancer

I wish we had available your choices. We are in the southeast, and live in an area where 'do it yourself-ing' isn't very widespread. When we first moved here from the Midwest, there was only one hardware store. Since we've been here things have improved 100 %, but it's still hard to find places, other than the large stores like Home Depot or Lowes, that will deal with customers who aren't contractors. Of course for the counter tops we will go with professional installation. But my husband and I enjoy doing things like tileing ourselves. We had a contractor do one of our bathrooms, and then did the master bath ourselves a few years later. We really love the bathroom we did. The contractor's is just so/so. My husband wants to do it over himself. Another thing we've found here is that although someone comes out and gives you an estimate, many times the crew he sends out to do the job appear to be day-laborers.

td

Reply to
tiny dancer

I understand about the stainless appliances (I'm going with black, myself), but stainless steel for the sink goes quite well with both white and the blue granite, and, well, it's the sink. Having an item like a sink in stainless, even if it's the only thing, still "fits" because it's expected. If you know what I mean.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

If you buy an item online the little gadget is always still active when you get it. You can always use those ones to stick to carts. they are sure to work.

Reply to
Jimmy

I think it was originally attributed to Mae West speaking to WC Fields on the set of one of their movies (BTW, Mae apparently greatly disliked WCF ). "Is that a pickle in your pocket, or are you glad to see me?"

Reply to
Roy

Nah! None of you are correct. The line comes from my girlfriend every time she comes over. When she asks if I'm glad to see her or is that a pickle in my pocket, I say I'm glad to see her and then she goes for the other lump in my pocket ~ my wallet so we can order food.

Reply to
Upscale