Re: HMS Victory in 1:48 scale - Part 3 & Part 4

It takes a sick fool to build ONE model like this, and even worse to go on to another! I built a similar scale model of the Charles Morgan (A whaling ship) and it cured me of ever doing it again. Not a good sign when you go to Mystic Seaport, CT, with a tape measure, and start interviewing crewmen of the Lady Washington and other full rigged ships on the best way to set up the rigging. Can't have a line going to the wrong belaying pin! Why did I see that the harpoons in the boats were sharp, and the aux sails would actually work???

But from the looks of the Victory so far, it will be a joy to see finished.

Reply to
rich