Re: Hitachi's and tennis shoe designers...

I think they look stupid. I also wonder what corners were cut in construction or in functional specification, in order to pay some foo-foo designer to make a nail gun look like a sneaker.
I don't even buy *sneakers* that look like that. Power tools? No way.
--
Regards,
<<ridiculous styling of the line>>
John E. wrote:

That doesn't bode well for their commitment to excellence. I find myself attracted to quality tools because I learned a long time ago that you pay once, cry once. With cheap tools you cry every time you use them. If they're chasing the occasional user, they must not be building long lasting stuff any more. Pity.
At least that's the way I think....
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote in message

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote in message

Unfortunately if you own a cordless drill you are still buying a tool with a limited lifespan much shorter that one with a cord. You'll cry again. ;~(

And for that limited lifespan, you trade ease of use. I imagine most people have both and use them when the particular tool's strength is required.
todd
Never Enough Money wrote:

You know, as recently as just a couple of years ago, most of the do it yourself shows on TV had their guys using professional grade tools from companies like Dewalt. All of the sudden everywhere you looked on TV, there was one of the new Hitachi tools. I've wondered if that was because the tools were so good that the contractors quickly moved towards them or was it because some producer insisted they use them because they added visual interest?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Neither, I think. Every show I've seen uses sponsored tools (altho w/ the plethora of cable now there are nos a zillion I've not seen, but I'd venture it's still true) ...
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote in message

Hitachi is a humongous company and has deep pockets for advertising. DeWalt is a dwarf company by comparison.
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 22:19:01 GMT, "Leon"

The cost of sponsoring DIY TV shows probably pales in comparison to the cost of sponsoring NASCAR teams.

Most likely. When you think of Hitachi, think in terms of Toyota or GM world wide. They are big into industrial equipment, electronics, very high end medical treatment facilities. etc. Perhaps not as large as Hyundai but probably one of the bigger world companies.
I'm waiting for plaid!
For the mid range - add a short trimmed beard and mustache.
For the pro - add prescription safety glasses
charlie b
On 1 Jan 2007 11:23:06 -0800, "Never Enough Money"

The T100 bloated into the Tundra.
Oddly enough, my current Tacoma is very, very close to a T100. <G>

Correct.. GM, Ford, and Chrysler are ill equipped to compete because Toyota does not have to pay benefits to dead employee's families and their extended families.
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 17:13:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Not only the designer. The molds and the molding process for these is far more complex than the standard single color stuff.