Re: Hinged + Sliding Drawer DVD Storage Ideas?

Why not cut away one side of the drawer so that you could view them from the side? The drawer would be more like a pull out shelf with a drawer front.
-Jack

get
the
with
and
is
hinged
put
of
best
but
Several years ago I built an entertainment system for a customer that would hold about 1,000 CD's. I used 2 drawers that were 24" deep, 60" tall and about 7" wide. Behind the drawer front I built several shelves that allowed the CD's to be viewed from the side of the drawer.

the
Exactly what I was trying to describe in my explanation. Thanks for pulling the words out of my mouth... :~)
Excellent suggestions! The main reason I didn't take that path to start with was because the unit will be recessed into the wall (taking out 1 stud to give me clearance), and a sofa will be in front of it. I'm doing this so I "hide" the light from the stereo equipment so as it's not annoying when viewing and it also doesn't take up floor/furniture space. The slide-and-tilt system I'm conceiving would allow the user to stand in front of the sofa, pull out a shelf, and lowerit to a viewing angle that is easy to see straight-on.
Does this make more sense, or am I (as usual :-)) trying to make something way too complex here? If I get time I'll CAD up what I'm thinking about and post it so it's clearer.
BTW you other suggestions will be used in another project - I haven't seen a good "deep" CD/DVD storage system that I like and yours sounds like a a perfect fit :-)
Thanks again for your suggestions!!!
--Henry

______________________________________________________________________________________ To reply plz remove the "N00Spam00" and (dot) invalid from my e-mail and domain names. Keep spam on bread and outta my inbox!!!